MikroTik App

thecableguy
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

CRS326-24G-2S+ Q-in-Q without Service Tag

Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:08 pm

Hello people.

I would like some help about Q-in-Q in 326 switch.
The scenario is this.
I have a CCR1032 on site A and a CRS-326-24G on site B.
These 2 points are connected using a fiber optics network provider.
I need to pass 10 vlans from Point A to point B. On point B need some 1) ports to forward some vlans on the next switch 2) access ports
This would be rather simple to implement but here is the catch.

The F.O. provider don't support 802.1ad protocol so i cant use Service Tag. It has to be done with the obsolete way ... vlan under vlan.
The Provider gave me vlan100 as a dedicated channel and suggested to use it on both sides to configure vlans.
I am having trouble doing that on CRS-326.
I already have tried the old way of bridging each vlan interface between ether 1 and ether2 (which it works) but thats not the case because i lose Fast Forward and getting high CPU usage.

So fast recap.
I need to set vlan under vlan on CRS without using Service Tag.

Any help would be appreciated.

jprietove
Trainer
Trainer

Re: CRS326-24G-2S+ Q-in-Q without Service Tag

Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:30 pm

Follow the examples in https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:C ... s_switches with ether type 0x8100 in bridge

Enviado desde mi Mi A2 mediante Tapatalk

thecableguy
Trainer
Trainer
Topic Author

Re: CRS326-24G-2S+ Q-in-Q without Service Tag

Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:22 am

Thnx for the tip but i have already seen that post.
Thus seems i am missing something. .
Please verify the statement.
Bridge ports passthrough all tagged traffic.. so i only have to tag the outer vlan.
Is this right?
So i am actually handling the inner vlans just like untagged traffic on a normal scenario.
The switch will stripp the outer tag .. and deliver the original vlan tagged traffic to each port.
If all the above is correct.. then i think i have sorted it out in my head except how to make an access port.
There is ingress double tagged traffic and the access port should strip both vlan tags...and thats where i get confused.