MikroTik App

landysaccount
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

How dynamic tunnels can be created?

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:27 am

Hello.

I'm wondering how to create dynamic tunnels with some customers routers. For instance, I install a hap lite, or any wifi capable routerboard in customer home and would like that router to connect to our server. I currently do it with eoip tunnels but found it too much work creating a specific tunnel for each customer, is not bad if is only 5 or 10 but, when is more than that then it becomes a problem.

The basics: I need customers to connect via a L2 tunnel so I can add to a hotspot brige. Would like to just create a tunnel that would connect to the server no matter what the ip address of the customer is, in other words; the server doesn't need to know the customer address and tunnel id as with EOIP. I'm running a routed network, I know it would be easier in a bridged network.

Please guide me in the right direction.

Thanks in advanced for your time.

JohnTRIVOLTA

Re: How dynamic tunnels can be created?

Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:42 am

Just use L2TP client with BCP on every clients router!

landysaccount
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:29 am

Thanks JohnTrivolta for replying.

I tried that but, I'm running a dhcp server and clients under the bridged interface can't obtain an ip from server. Played around with mtu's but can't get it working.

JohnTRIVOLTA

Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:37 am

Thanks JohnTrivolta for replying.

I tried that but, I'm running a dhcp server and clients under the bridged interface can't obtain an ip from server. Played around with mtu's but can't get it working.
If you have properly configured your BCP, you must successfully expand transparently /L2/ the hotspot network to the remote locations local bridges! Be sure the ppp profiles use the right bridges on both sides !