Community discussions

vojcekp
just joined
Topic Author

Failed to give out IP address: unknown pool

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:07 am

Hi,

Mikrotik RB1100AHx4

yesterday began to jump in the log this message about the unavailability of the pool. "Failed to give out IP address: unknown pool"
did not allocate IP addresses as if he had not seen the pool. after restart everything ok and allocates normally ... don't know where can be the error or why did it ever happen ?.
on the microtik forum I found no answer with just another error (pool is empty) ...
The range is big enough so the addresses could not be out on the weekend nobody is working ie the pool was almost empty except for a few things (apčka, cameras etc ..)
lease time is set to 1d + RoS version is long term 6.43.13 and FW too 6.43.13

some ideas ?

Thanks

Exiver
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Failed to give out IP address: unknown pool

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Never seen this error before.. Maybe you should do a /supout when this occurs again and send it to mikrotik support..

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:37 pm

I have an excellent idea,
post your config!! Typically the router didnt fail, the person setting up the config failed (I know this from personal experience).
/export hide-sensitive file=yourconfig
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:56 pm

I'm afraid in this case it is not an error between the keyboard and the chair, because I've also seen errors "resolved" by just a reboot without changing a single bit in the configuration. So I'm afraid you'll have to wait until that happens again, and then generate supout.rif and download it before rebooting. Don't worry, support@mikrotik.com accepts e-mails with supout.rif describing real issues even if they don't arrive within two weeks after purchase.

Off topic - google translate has become much better recently, yet it still cannot translate all the slang words :-) So we know what is your native language :-)
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:44 pm

Off topic - google translate has become much better recently, yet it still cannot translate all the slang words :-) So we know what is your native language :-)
My favourite part of any response LOL. Let me guess.......... Sob is slow and MKX likes to eat souvlakia ........... So I would guess Slovakia. :-P
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)