Community discussions

MikroTik App

ic32k
just joined
Topic Author

I'm unable to make flashfig work!

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:59 am

Hello,

I need to configure several routers and the flashfig seems to be ideal solution for this, but I'm unable to make it work properly, had created a config file with size under 4K. I tried with several 'out of the box' routers and other setting in 'System - Routerboard - Settings -> flashboot / flashboot once' in both cases the flashfig shows a message saying 'XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX -- RBhap-dk: no TFTP request' in the wireshark I saw tons of packets with the ip flashfig provides to the router as source requesting to the PC a file named 'flashfigucis' and there is all, nothing more happens,so i'm a bit desperated
flashfig.jpg
wireshark_flashfig.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Exiver
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: I'm unable to make flashfig work!

Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Please make sure, your host has the ip 192.168.2.1 and a gateway address set. Also make sure, the computer is not connected to another network (for example: we had problems when the used computer was also connected to a wireless network). Next would be to check your firewall settings (just disable it and try again, if it works your rules are not working).
Is the hap directly connected to your computer or is there a switch inbetween? Do you use an usb-to-rj45 adapter (those things sometimes produce problems since they add another link down/link up while negotiating - that can lead to errors)

ic32k
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:37 pm

Hello,
The firewall is disabled, and the hap is connected directly from eth1 to the unique interface avaiable in the pc (all other interfaces are disabled to avoid problems) phisical interface not usb one...
Confirmed with netstat that the 69 port is open in the pc listening petitions as you can see in the wireshark screenshot...
About the gateway configured, what do you mean? I only had configured the 192.168.2.1 ip in the pc's interface, because there is no gateway in that network....
I'm worried about the file is being asked by the mikrotik, maybe as that 'flashfigucis' file didn't really exists is why this is not working, but I don't know how this exactly works...

Exiver
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:20 pm

[...]
About the gateway configured, what do you mean? I only had configured the 192.168.2.1 ip in the pc's interface, because there is no gateway in that network....
I have seen MikroTik employes and wiki mentioning it multiple times. They tell you to set a gateway (even if there is none, you could set 192.168.2.254 for example).
I'm worried about the file is being asked by the mikrotik, maybe as that 'flashfigucis' file didn't really exists is why this is not working, but I don't know how this exactly works...
I have never traced this down since it was mostly working for us. Can you please check that you have marked the "Boot Server enabled" checkbox behind the "Net booting" Button in Netinstalls main menu [1]?

But that shouldnt be the problem i guess since Flashfig sees the request that seem to work until here. Sometimes when we had trouble we tried another Netinstall version (newer and older versions of the actual installed routeros version). Maybe you could try another computer as well?

[1] You can re-check the steps for setting up Netinstall here:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Netinstall

ic32k
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:13 am

Thanks @Exiver using older flashfig almost worked, now the message changes to Flashfigged, but I'm still in troubles ;) the config itself didn't applied it starts like that....
:delay 20
/interface bridge add name=LAN
/interface bridge add name=WAN
/interface vlan add interface=ether1 name=vlan1 vlan-id=20
/interface bridge port add bridge=WAN  interface=vlan1
/interface bridge port add bridge=LAN  interface==ether2
/interface bridge port add bridge=LAN  interface==[ find default-name=ether3 ]
/interface bridge port add bridge=LAN  interface==[ find default-name=ether4 ]
/interface bridge port add bridge=LAN  interface==[ find default-name=ether5 ]
/interface bridge port add bridge=LAN  interface==[ find default-name=wlan1 ]
/interface bridge port add bridge=LAN  interface==[ find default-name=wlan2 ]
/interface bridge filter add action=set-priority chain=output new-priority=3 out-interface=vlan1 passthrough=yes
/ip pool add name=default-dhcp ranges=...............
If I copy/paste the file to the terminal and it works perfectly, but the flashfig stops after creating the 2 bridges WAN and LAN, all lines under this first 2 are ignored.... Any clue or tip? The filesize is under 3700B

Exiver
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:46 am

I remember that we had those problems as well. Our workaround was to setup a scheduler in the flashfig config file only. This scheduler adds an ip address, downloads the real config (and updated routeros via FTP), creates another scheduler and reboots. The new scheduler disables unneeded packages, applies config, deletes the ip and deletes itself.

areanod
just joined

Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:30 pm

Sometimes when we had trouble we tried another Netinstall version (newer and older versions of the actual installed routeros version).
Thank you so much for that input, using an older version of netinstall/flashfig did the trick for me!

BR
Areanod

ekarin
Trainer
Trainer

Sun May 12, 2019 11:00 am

Hallo Areanod,
I also got the same problem. What older version of the netinstall/flashfig did you use?

sathackr
just joined

Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:22 pm

6.44.3 did not work for me, same problem with Hap AC2, unknown if other models affected.

6.39.3 worked.