Community discussions

lcrhea25
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

IPv6 dhcp server lease script

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:57 pm

We currently are using IPv4 for our customers and are about to convert to IPv6. We are using the lease script in the IPv4 dhcp server to report the ip address a customer pulls to Sonar. We need to do the same thing when we go to IPv6. When I look at the IPv6 dhcp server I don't see the lease script option in there. Is there a reason why it is not there?

idlemind
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: IPv6 dhcp server lease script

Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:29 am

We currently are using IPv4 for our customers and are about to convert to IPv6. We are using the lease script in the IPv4 dhcp server to report the ip address a customer pulls to Sonar. We need to do the same thing when we go to IPv6. When I look at the IPv6 dhcp server I don't see the lease script option in there. Is there a reason why it is not there?

Because MikroTik doesn't / isn't taking IPv6 seriously. If you require IPv6 I'd look to a vendor that has demonstrated the capability to deliver on it - that would be Ubiquiti on the low-end and Cisco/Juniper/Palo Alto on the higher end. By and large MikroTik's IPv6 implementation was great by comparison early on to their competitors but it has definitely become outmoded and the only answer I ever got on improvements was "v7 will solve it." Which without any kind of time-line is simply not a meaningful answer to customers who need it.

I love me some IPv6, I see more and more traffic moving that way and because of that I have fewer and fewer places I can reliably use MikroTik gear.