Community discussions

MikroTik App

ivan@elan.pl
just joined
Topic Author

how to disconnect user

Thu Nov 25, 2004 10:45 am

is there any way to disconnect user, using only radius server, (for example when radius recives accounting-request) ?

thanks

edzix

Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:30 am

starting from 2.9 beta5 there is a new submenu available under '/radius' section, called 'incoming'. If it's enabled you can disconnect PPP-kind connection from RADIUS server using 'radclient'. You can find more about how to do it in 'man radclient'.

Edgars

ivan@elan.pl
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am

what about hotspot's users , how can I disconnect user from hotspot (with RouterOS 2.8.10) using radius. I think radius server hasn't such option to command client to disconnect user.
There is a way to connect to hotspot by telnet/ssh and use /ip hotspot active remove ... , but I don't think that this is a best idea :(

edzix

Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:42 pm

no, for HotSpot user disconnectinf there isn't such a feature implemented yet. You can use some scripting language and write a script which will connect to the router via SSH and perform some action there (for example, remove some user).

Edgars

ivan@elan.pl
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:53 pm

ok, so are there any others protocols for connecting to routerOS, not only ssh/telnet, may be something easer, or can I install same cgi-script to doing sth via www in router ?

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 25, 2004 2:35 pm

No, you have to use telnet or ssh. There was a thread not long ago about some scripts realizing functionality this way (using expect on a linux box). Perhaps you find something there...

ivan@elan.pl
just joined
Topic Author

radius

Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:41 am

How works http://moon.mt.lv/radius , there radius automatic disconnect user after time limit. ?

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:58 am

Haven't tested the MikroTik HotSpot Manager, but what you refer to most probably is a Session-Timeout limit. This can be handled since a long time ago.

The main difference is if you can set the limit at login time (i.e. "stay online for max 1 hour" or "may transfer max. 1 GB of data") or if you want to connect a logged in user at your will. In the first case those limits are given to the RouterOS by (for example) RADIUS limits, which can be enforced by the router. In the second case, you have to create a new connection to the router telling it to disconnect user ABC. This has been realised in the newest betas for ppp-like connections (PPPoE, ...), but not for hotspot users.