Community discussions

blackmetal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

mikrotik power on hours

Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:18 pm

Hello,
i have a ccr 1072 can i check power on hours for this devic e? is there anyway for do this?

Thank you.

sid5632

Re: mikrotik power on hours

Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:46 pm

SNMP

blackmetal
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:50 pm

I want check how much this device worked, because its for my friend and he told me it worked for 2month so i want check if it really worked 2month or not

Paternot
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:15 pm

I want check how much this device worked, because its for my friend and he told me it worked for 2month so i want check if it really worked 2month or not
That You can't do. They tell the uptime, but not the total work life of the machine.

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:45 pm

I do use Splunk to graph the uptime. Se example in my singature.

How to use Splunk to monitor your MikroTik Router

MikroTik->Splunk

Samot
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:21 pm

Also what do you mean by "worked"? Do you mean it was running and didn't have issues? Or that it was running and now won't run (boot up)? Or that is was running and features that were working firewall settings, VPN, etc) are now not working? What exactly are you checking to see if it is working?

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:57 pm

I'd guess he just wants to check the power up time as regardless whether the device is actually doing something or not while powered up, the fans (if they are there) wear down, and the electrolytic capacitors dry and thus lose capacity - which is the most frequent cause of malfunction of nowadays' electronics, together with ROHS soldering materials which are much less vibration- and tension-proof than the old poisonous ones (but this one doesn't depend too much on whether the device is powered or not if elementary design rules are followed).
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.