Community discussions

MikroTik App

leoangelovb
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik haplite have port 3-4 led lighting up without cable plugged in

Thu May 02, 2019 6:38 am

I Have a mikrotik haplite with the 6.44.3 firmware updated. I have plugged in a cable coming from the DATA IN of poe injector for my outdoor wifi repeater. Since I have plugged in the cable connected to the poe injector i thought there is a connection and they were communicating but as I plugged out the cable. theres the led light keeps on blinking.
I have tried to inspect if the port was dead using wireshark yet it still broadcast STP and as I turn on the loop protect. the port detected to have a loop.
I have also tried net install but it still light up the led.
Thank you very much in advance for helping me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik haplite have port 3-4 led lighting up without cable plugged in

Thu May 02, 2019 11:16 am

Closely inspect for any bent pins inside the connector. If you're not affraid of opening the case, inspect the circuit board for any traces of corrosion or impurities. Or some damages (cracks, shorts) in soldered parts ...

leoangelovb
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:36 am

Closely inspect for any bent pins inside the connector. If you're not affraid of opening the case, inspect the circuit board for any traces of corrosion or impurities. Or some damages (cracks, shorts) in soldered parts ...
Can I resolder it again?

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:12 pm

If you are experienced and know exactly what you are doing, sure. But I guess in such case, you wouldn't be asking. Also, keep in mind that soldering will certainly void any warranty on the product..

If your product is still under warranty and you don't see bent pins, I would recommend to contact your distributor and apply for warranty replacement/repair/return.
On the other hand, if it happened AFTER you connected a POE injector, I would be certainly curious if you didn't accidentally plugged in the DATA+POE cable from the injector. Passive injectors will push power through, no matter what is connected. And hAP lite obviously does not accept passive POE-IN on any ETH port - that might actually cause the failure.

imperialdrive
just joined

Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:33 am

Mine is doing the same thing. Hap Ac Lite. Nearly new, stable firmware, just sitting on top of my computer in a cool room.
I've reset, changed firmware, defaulted etc without luck.