Community discussions

MikroTik App

aslanbdb
just joined
Topic Author

Need Solution: Client devices are connected with the Mirktoik via APs but don't have Internet Access

Fri May 03, 2019 11:27 pm

Hello,
I'm having some weird problem with my Mikrtoik, which is connected for a small student dormitory... There are 6 different Access Points (TPLink EAP 110) which are connected with the MikrotikBoard 2011UiAS-2HnD r2.. But sometimes the students complained that they don't have internet access.. I logged in to the MikrotikBoard and i can access it via WAN internet.. Pinged all the APs and have 1ms ping... So i went to the dormitory and connected my Laptop with one of the AP so that i can see that i get internet or not...

After connecting with the AP i can ping my routers, Mikrotik and even any websites IP(e.g.: facebook.com, google.com , etc ) but i can't access page or even can't use any internet... There is no advanced settings.. Just a simple DHCP setup...

Before, all the 6 APs are connected with the Mikrotik.. But yesterday i coonected 4 APs with the Mikrotik and 2 directly with the DSL router... there is no problem so far with the 2 APs(connected directly with the main DSL Router) , but the other APs have the problem which are connected with the Mikrotikboard.. So the APs are okay in that case..

I connected directly via cable with the MikrotikBoard.. same result found.. It can ping to everywhere, but no internet access.. If i just restart all the 4 APs along with the Mikrotik, it starts working and i am sure the problem will occur but when i don't know..

My Mikrotik Board is new.. I have 400mb Internet connection but after monitoring the bandwidth usage , i found the average uses of internet doesn't exceed more than 80mbps yet.and the maximum CPU usage is 6 to 16% max. No problem with the DNS settings.. Currently it's just with a basic DHCP setup..

In that case what would you suggest me??.. how can i solve the problem??...
Last edited by aslanbdb on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cieplik206
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Need Solution: Client devices are connected with the Mirktoik via APs but don't have Internet Access

Sat May 04, 2019 1:05 am

paste here results of /export command from CLI

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Need Solution: Client devices are connected with the Mirktoik via APs but don't have Internet Access

Sat May 04, 2019 4:24 am

And a physical and logical topology will be usefull.

Regards.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Are the access points VLAN aware?
How are you accessing the MT, by VPN??

jebz

Sun May 05, 2019 1:57 am

Be careful with student accommodation. Often they can bring in their own misconfigured router with DHCP turned on creating havoc. You can tear your hair out thinking your facility has a fault but it's the addition of the rogue router causing the issue.

aslanbdb
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 29, 2019 12:03 pm

paste here results of /export command from CLI
sorry for my very late reply... i was on a vacation.. and after coming back i found that the configuration is completely okay... when the problem occurs i can still ping on every site, but i can't browse... then i changed the dns but it wont work..

after googling about the problem, i found the problem is because of my router which i have got from my ISP.. i have the connection from Unitymedia, Germany and they provide IPV6 router... they have very limit configuration setting on the ''ConnectBox'' router, so actually you can't change anything... I found from their forum that people have this kinda similar problem and it happens when the devices use ipv4 and after 2-3 hours of using the internet the router got hanged and their is no internet..
After contacting with their technician, they didn't give me any solution.. they are telling me to use the ipv6, not ipv4..

now the question is i could not find any helpful tutorial for beginners to setup the configuration with IPV6 ...

i need a tutorial for DHCP client setup of IPV6 and then a DHCP server of IPV6 for the clients... the student apartment is very small, only around 40 users i have and everyone is giving complain every day... i really need a help....

aslanbdb
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 29, 2019 12:10 pm

Are the access points VLAN aware?
How are you accessing the MT, by VPN??
the setup i am now using is in very basic.... just a simple dhcp client to dhcp server..
access points(TP Link EAP 110) are also with a normal setup... their is no VLAN setup

i will put more firewall rules after i fix the problem...

i have a cloud mikrotik and all of my mikrotik routers are connected via VPN tunneling

aslanbdb
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Need Solution: Client devices are connected with the Mirktoik via APs but don't have Internet Access  [SOLVED]

Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:31 pm

Problem solved.. it was because of the modem which my ISP provided ..thnx to all