Community discussions

MikroTik App

sleerf
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Mikrotik offering lease continually without success

Tue May 21, 2019 3:38 am

Can't sort this out. Constantly ....every 4 seconds... "dhcp, warning DHCP offering lease 192.168.88.28 for B8:69:F4:XX:XX:XX without success."
We have a mikrotik 24 port CSS on the other end of a wireless connection serving about 20 customers in a building. I suspect the MAC identified is on the switch. but i can't figure out why it would be offered an address and not accept it. nor can i figure our how to put a stop to this constant offering and rejection of the DHCP lease. I've tried several of the fixes in previous threads I found on this with no joy. running 6.44.1 and i understand this problem was resolved well before current version.

vecernik87
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Mikrotik offering lease continually without success

Tue May 21, 2019 4:36 am

DHCP is very simple protocol with just 4 steps: Discovery->Offer->Request->Acknowledge. If anything goes wrong, It is usually very clearly visible.

1) do you have any DHCP relays or is it just pure L2 network?
2) Is there any response or is there no response at all from your client? If the Request comes, then is it requesting same IP as offered? Is there ACK/NAK from server? (If you are not sure, fire up packet sniffer and find out. If you don't know how to understand result, just paste it here. Do not worry about private IP and/or MAC addresses. There is no way to misuse this info since nobody else is on same L2 segment)

skylark
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Mikrotik offering lease continually without success

Tue May 21, 2019 8:34 am

Enable DHCP debugging logs which will provide you detailed information, like DHCP request, ack data:
/system logging add topics=dhcp