Community discussions

Wass
just joined
Topic Author

basebox 2 dont see a sim card

Mon May 27, 2019 6:01 am

Hi.
i have the basebox 2 router with router os v6.44.3 installed.
in additional packages i have installed lte package a same version as router os.
mini PCIe slot has inserted the r11e-lte modem and in system/routerboard/usb the power set on it.
so, i see a lte interface, but it not working - it cant see a sim card inserted into routerboard.
i tried two different cards from two providers witch is work perfectly in usb modem, but got the same issue - +cme error 10 sim not inserted
and "functinality" sets on "minimum"

i was check the sim slot legs, with a voltmeter - looks like everything is ok.
i insert the sim fully correct.
what is this, a hardware problem? my warranty must be over, i had bought basebox a year ago and was use only usb modems before.
and now, i buy r11e-lte and find out that i have this trouble...

what i supposed to do to make it work?

*sorry for mistakes, english not my native tongue.*

krafg
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: basebox 2 dont see a sim card

Tue May 28, 2019 10:51 pm

Your firmware is also updated?

Regards.

Wass
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 29, 2019 6:25 am

Your firmware is also updated?

Regards.
hi, thanks for reply.

witch one? router updated as well, but the modem is ver. v007 or something like this - cant see right now.
i cannot update it because of no internet connection avaible - if i change the power consumer to mini PCIe, my usb modem switching off and i cant connect to internet because of sim card trouble i wrote about.

right now the router in my village house and if have a reason, i will try to bring it in the town and connect to a wired provider to update modem firmware.
but how it can be possible, that device isnt working at all right out of the box...

krafg
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 30, 2019 7:33 am

It's weird. Make sure that you are inserting the SIM card on the correct position, disable the wifi interface and set the power on mini pcie.

If the problem still, probably the SIM tray is broken.

Regards.

Wass
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:42 am

It's weird. Make sure that you are inserting the SIM card on the correct position, disable the wifi interface and set the power on mini pcie.

If the problem still, probably the SIM tray is broken.

Regards.
well, i found out what's the problem is.
the support asked me to check the modem in another board or check another modem in my board.
after all of this was perform, i was pretty sure that the problem in my board.
until i checked other basebox2 device with other r11e-lte modem - the result was the same as mine one.
after all of this, the support response me with "We have seen some incompatibility issues with R11e-LTE cards and the RB912 boards and we are doing research to find a solution"

so, this is firmware issue and now, anything i can do - is wait for result of this research.

i hope the information in this thread will be useful for consumers who has meet this trouble.
i will update it, if support send me update about situation

krafg
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:51 pm

Thanks, yesterday I knew also that the R11e-LTE is incompatible with Basebox, it's described in the Quick Guide of BaseBox.

https://prnt.sc/o0itsw

Regards.