Community discussions

Boomish
just joined
Topic Author

CRS317-1G-16S+RM

Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:33 am

I own three of these

I run Router OS vs SWOS.
They work perfect for what i use them for.

Just a little feedback if you don't mind.

The BLUE Power Supply LEDS are like laser DRILLS. There are enough photons coming out of them to light up a small stadium.

Might i suggest either changing color or selecting a slightly more reasonable brightness :-)

krafg
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: CRS317-1G-16S+RM

Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:33 pm

You made my day with your suggestion. I love how you described the power led, a laser drill direct to the eye. :lol: Anyway it isn't a problem to me, but I respect the opinion from others.

Regards.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CRS317-1G-16S+RM

Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:49 pm

The proper destination for this is .... well, none as no sub-forum is dedicated to hardware-related feature requests. So the best of the wrong destinations is probably an e-mail to support@mikrotik.com.

And I agree with you that those fancy blue LEDs should be banned or at least they should have to automatically change color to red if the ambient light falls below daylight level as blue light affects the sleep cycle. As a non-intrusive workaround until Mikrotik recalls all the units sold so far for retrofitting, an aluminium sticky tape and a pin can be used to reduce the photon flow.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.