I am working to build a hotspot business.
I mean, a company that will provide hotspots around the country.
Thus, I am trying to figure out how to remote manage hotspots.
All hotspots are behind the ISP device (ADSL or Cable Modem), which means no easy access to their device configuration.
I can not and I do not want to handle ISP devices.
NO RADIUS involved. Authentication will be done by External Portal only.
Here the basic architecture =>https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jX92SA ... sp=sharing
1) Mikrotik CHR => I thought to set it and connect each hotspot router to it. However, I am afraid it will require port forwarding on the ISP device, as it is in front of the router, right?
2) SDN - software-defined network with Mikrotik- I saw this presentation on MUM Mikrotik - https://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/ ... 687113.pdf
=> is this easy to build?
3) OpenVPN with Mikrotik - Do I need one VPN per device or per router? I mean, when setting a VPN, do I need one VPN per user or just one VPN per router (all users go together)?
Does anyone know how hotspot companies do it?
What would be the easiest, cheapest, and more effective way to be able to do the following things:
- access Mikrotik Routers from outside the hotspot network without having to change ISP device configuration
- filtering in each router (once ones have access to it) or in the main server
- navigation logging (to register wherever site customers access for legal reasons)
- I want to build it with Mikrotik
- Location-aware delivery of internal or external content
- web based Authentication - social login
- centralized network monitoring