Community discussions

eliemacho
just joined
Topic Author

QUEUE TREE

Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:32 pm

guys, i've seen a configuration where the same Packet Mark is used for the download and the upload were the changes in these to take effect and work fine were made by changing the interface in the queue tree where that same mark belong to AND was working very well (it was an ISP btw)

is it possible to use the same packet mark to shape the download and the upload !? and how...

eliemacho
just joined
Topic Author

Re: QUEUE TREE

Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:58 am

does anyone has answer to that ?

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:27 pm

Don't quite understand your question, you say you have seen this configuration and state that it worked???

Anyway, to answer your question, yes, you mark the connection, then the packets of this connection, the "connection" is both "up" and "down" traffic.

Then apply the queue tree config accordingly, i.e. on the leaving / sending interface.
MTCNA, MTCTCE, MTCRE & MTCINE

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:20 pm

If you want it explained in slightly deeper detail, read the last part of this post.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.

eliemacho
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:36 pm

thanks man
very interesting explanation