Community discussions

MikroTik App

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

US ban on some products from China ( is there a possible effect to Mikrotik ?)

Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:57 pm

US ban on some products from China ( is there a possible effect to Mikrotik ?)

I understand some Mikrotik parts and or products are made in China.
Is anybody from Mikrotik keeping track on the banned China companies & products that Mikrotik uses/purchases for Mikrotik products ?

At this time , I believe the banned Chinese entities include :
Avin Electronics Technology Co Ltd, based in Shenzhen; Longkui Qu of Linhai, Zhejiang province; Multi-Mart Electronics Technology Co of Nanhai, Guangdong province; Taizhou CBM-Future New Material Science and Technology Co Ltd of Linhai, Zhejiang province; Tenco Technology Co Ltd, Shenzhen; and Yutron Technology Co Ltd of Shenzhen.

If any of the above are working with Mikrotik to supply or purchase products , then there may be a possible US ban on Mikrotik products and other companies who work with Mikrotik products and the US at the same time.

My only experience with China manufactured products 28 years ago was that just about every manufacturer in China works with just about every other manufacturer in China in one way or another …

I would like to see/read an official Mikrotik statement/document re the US China ban and any possible effects on Mikrotik products and customers in other countries

North Idaho Tom Jones

mozerd
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: US ban on some products from China ( is there a possible effect to Mikrotik ?)

Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:48 am

Yes, I also would like and official response regarding this subject as some of my clients are based in the US and subject to US Gov directives.

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Re: US ban on some products from China ( is there a possible effect to Mikrotik ?)

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:17 pm

Ya know - silence from a manufacturer on an important topic such as this is not a good thing

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:12 am

Why not whine about your impending inability to shop at the dollar store where all the products come from China.
Every IT manufacturer from Cisco to no name iptv remote controls come from China.
Get over yourselves. The supply of products will be sourced to an appropriate vendor of an appropriate country IF it becomes a problem.
Do you really think the US will cutoff supply to Dell Computers, Hewlett Packard etc etc................
First rule of thumb, the US is screwed and has no coherent trade policy except bullying and bluffing.................

Asking MT to speculate on what may or may not happen is a foolish request!!!

If you are really paranoid, go ahead and order lots of stock now!! MT will be happy with the best ever quarter.
What are you waiting for, get on the phone with your suppliers you savvy sleuths, before the masses catches on! ;-)

I mean what does it all matter when the water starts coming over the shores and global warming wreaks havoc on our societies.
I am not so sure having or not having an MT product will be foremost in ones mind.

huntermic
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:38 am

Nothing to add here,anav said it all, please close this topic
Why not whine about your impending inability to shop at the dollar store where all the products come from China.
Every IT manufacturer from Cisco to no name iptv remote controls come from China.
Get over yourselves. The supply of products will be sourced to an appropriate vendor of an appropriate country IF it becomes a problem.
Do you really think the US will cutoff supply to Dell Computers, Hewlett Packard etc etc................
First rule of thumb, the US is screwed and has no coherent trade policy except bullying and bluffing.................

Asking MT to speculate on what may or may not happen is a foolish request!!!

If you are really paranoid, go ahead and order lots of stock now!! MT will be happy with the best ever quarter.
What are you waiting for, get on the phone with your suppliers you savvy sleuths, before the masses catches on! ;-)

I mean what does it all matter when the water starts coming over the shores and global warming wreaks havoc on our societies.
I am not so sure having or not having an MT product will be foremost in ones mind.

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:34 pm

anav & huntermic - I like your thinking. If you don't see it or check it , then the future of your business & products & services looks bright. There is no need to keep alert towards any future potential issues.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:22 pm

anav & huntermic - I like your thinking. If you don't see it or check it , then the future of your business & products & services looks bright. There is no need to keep alert towards any future potential issues.
I am actually very concerned.......... with the supply of potatoes from Idaho! ;-P
They may be included in some future tariffs! Suggest you learn how to make potato schapps. If real good, i would bet those Latvians will trade you MT products for your very finest Idaho schapps!