Community discussions

MikroTik App

akarpas
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mikrotik DHCP with redundant links.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:42 pm

So in the picture you may see the structure of the network. Any advice is appreciated . What would be the best way to set up DHCP so that VLAN devices are getting IP if one of the L3 devices is down, at the moment i see only one option to supernet IP and divide in to half and create two DHCP's with the same subnet mask and with different gateways. But I dont like that splitting as I will have to much of play with statically assigning IP's those i don't want to be changed.
Is where any other better way to achieve this.
Thanks in advance. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik DHCP with redundant links.

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:14 pm

Hey. You can practice with HSRP in Cisco Packet Tracer. And with VRRP in MikroTik world.

akarpas
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:42 pm

Hey. You can practice with HSRP in Cisco Packet Tracer. And with VRRP in MikroTik world.
There is nothing to practice both vrrp and hasrp brings in to the same problem thats why i dont want to put dhcp on L3 switches
on cisco both vrrp and hsrp is supported.

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:49 am

There is nothing to practice both vrrp and hasrp brings in to the same problem thats why i dont want to put dhcp on L3 switches
on cisco both vrrp and hsrp is supported.
What problem do you have with it?

ingdaka
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:37 pm

You can use Bridges to mikrotik create vlan10 interface in ether1, and vlan10 interface in ether2 and put those 2 interfaces in same bridge, so dhcp server with be setup on bridge (same for other vlans), but should take care about PVST+ in switches to take care about loop!