Community discussions

richaye
just joined
Topic Author

NEED help with FORUM

Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:16 pm

I just signed up a day ago. For some reason I am swamped with email notifications from what may be every new post happening here. (like almost 40 in the first several hours). I don't see ANY area on this forum where I can "UNSUBSCRIBE". I have tried to unsubscribe to each of the dozens of recent notifications by clicking on the Un-subscribe link provided which brings me to the forum where I log in and am asked if I wish to un-subscribe to the thread noted. I select yes .. and then I get a error message saying there was a problem and to contact the admin. I click on THAT link and it sends me to my email client where I fill out a message about this problem and then the email also errors out and and can't be sent.

I've turned off EVERYTHING available in my user profile have spent hours browsing everywhere trying to get info FOR THIS FORUM or how to use it .. with no luck. I never subscribed or even read any of the threads that I'm getting email notifications for. Help please ... I came here for support with my new router and am still waiting for a moderator's approval for that first post. (this is my second post)

The "unsubscribe options" in the links sent to me in, do not work.
Can't find any kind of actual "forum help" FOR the forum operation.
Can't find how to Un-subscribe from the dozens and dozens of email notifications I keep getting.
My user profile says that I AM NOT Subscribed to any threads. Yet this morning I continue to get notifications about new posts from dozens of threads.
No way to contact (that I can find) a moderator or admin ...

Please help .. Thanks ... Rich

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: NEED help with FORUM

Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:15 am

user control panel allows to unsubscribe. this link here:
ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=subscribed

nothing is going to email unless you are actually subscribed. there are no other emails that I know of
No answer to your question? How to write posts

D1M0N
just joined

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:39 am

I have this problem too. My mailbox recieve - "New topic notification - "General"" messages...
Manage subscriptions is empty
RB951G-2HnD

karlisi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:58 am

See User control panel -> Board preferences -> Edit notification option
---
Karlis

D1M0N
just joined

Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:21 pm

All items Unchecked
RB951G-2HnD

D1M0N
just joined

Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:32 pm

Please uncheck me for recieve email
My settings - You are not subscribed to any topics.
In ucp.php?i=ucp_main&mode=subscribed
RB951G-2HnD

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:35 pm

Send this to support@mikrotik.com with a link to this topic. It is not guaranteed that Mikrotik support staff reads every single topic here multiple times.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.