Community discussions

MikroTik App

Pericles
just joined
Topic Author

Peer to Peer connection

Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:11 pm

HI Guys,

I have 2 mikrotik and I want to establish a point-to-point connection between them.
I have these WAN interface ip 192.168.254.17 for 1 MK and 192.168.254.18 for another.
ip LAN interface172.16.42.254.

Can someone help me

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Peer to Peer connection

Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:39 pm

Hard to say. The IP addresses you indicate are private ones, so a connection between the two boxes is only possible if both are in the same private network and the network routes between them. Is that the case, or are these WAN IPs assigned by ISPs?
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.

Pericles
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:10 pm

Sindy tks for you help

both Mikrotik are in the same private network.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:40 pm

OK, so now what exactly do you mean by "point to point connection" :)

It may be anything from a plain Ethernet cable between two Ethernet ports of the boxes through PPP L3 tunnels of various kinds to L2 tunnels, ciphered or plaintext. So to choose the right variant, please describe the intended application of the "point to point connection" which cannot be fulfilled by the normal routing between the two.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.