First post so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place or seems a little obtuse!
We have recently signed a wholesale agreement with a UK FTTP carrier and need to setup a minimal infrastructure to accommodate a handful of clients. We are considering using the Mikrotik CHR on AWS to feed in the sites and act as an internet gateway. This is new territory for us so we may be taking too simplistic a view so please be gentle when setting us right on a few things.
1. The carrier hands-off the wholesale connections via 802.1ad (QinQ) via a cross connect in a choice of two UK datacentres
2. Both datacentres have Hosted AWS Direct Connect services available
3. The end user sites will have their own enterprise NGFW connected to the NTE to provide edge security for the sites
4. Initially there will only be a couple of sites using the service but we would like any solution to be scaleable in the mid to long term
5. Other services such as hosting, email, DNS are already hosted elsewhere but maybe moved to AWS further down the line.
We were wondering whether the Cloud Hosted Router would be suitable to fulfil basic connectivity and if anyone had any recommendations as to how to implement a minimal design?
Thanks in advance.