Community discussions

mc78london
just joined
Topic Author

HUAWEI E8278 as LTE modem with hAPac2 not recognised, desperate noob need it working

Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:36 pm

Hi everyone, my first post here. I bought the hAPac2 days ago with the hope that the HUAWEI E8278(aka "wingle") would work out of the box or so...I have some IT backgrpound but not very up-to-date with this router. It's the 3rd router I try to have my internet dongle to work with, with no hope. I really need to expand the wifi at home and since I don't have a broadband I really need to use the dongle for internet. I checked the compatibility of the dongle here: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Peripherals
I know that my E8278 it's like a E8372 without the wifi built in and hoped it would have worked..I'm a father with little toddlers and very little time and energy and need internet working with the router for VPN and security system at home, please help me to sort this out or I'll have to return it to Amazon and will have to buy a Dovado PRO AC universal access router as last resource,which seems to be compatible with my dongle out of the box but costing me other £80 more than the hAPac2..
I hope somebody will give some help

mc78london
just joined
Topic Author

Re: HUAWEI E8278 as LTE modem with hAPac2 not recognised, desperate noob need it working

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:57 pm

I also plugged the E8278 to a powered USB hub which I then plugged into the Mikrotik router,however I noticed that the E8278 icons of wireless and signal were blinking intermittently and seemed not having enough power or not recognised, still don't know what to do and if returning this Mikrotik to Amazon. I recall of a member of the forum who did a video in Dutch language about configuring another huawei dongle..can anyone pointing me to that member and to his video?I can't find it anymore..
Please help me, I need all done by Monday or returning the modem and buying another one..