Community discussions

eliemacho
just joined
Topic Author

tunnel issue

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:49 am

guys i have a weird issue
not being able to run any kind of tunnel on my mikrotik
surely i have activated the pptp and l2tp and even other kind of tunneling protocols beside that restarted the router not even any clue about why is not running
in parallel my other mikrotik has almost the same configuration and all other tunneling protocols are running
> i create the tunnel > the running tunnel state is always grayed (not running) !

any idea ???

amt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: tunnel issue

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:42 pm

which ROS version at device ?

eliemacho
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:09 pm

4.44.1 OS version
rb1100AHx2

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:16 pm

As usually - the first step when something behaves in an unexpected way is to show your configuration. See my automatic signature below for a hint on anonymisation if necessary.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.

eliemacho
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:04 pm

in fact nothing important to show just a normal tunnel that have to be up the firsts minutes that I finish configuring it EVEN BEFORE CONFIGURING AN IP ON ITS INTERFACE AND THE ROUTE
pptp, l2tp and other protocols are enabled also..

already on my second router (which the tunnel must be peered with) everything is running well
WHILE in the first router case even the tunnel is not running "its not up", THE RUNNING STATUS (down the panel) IS GREYED cant find a way to make it run is there
anything that i have missed cz thats not the first time i configure an ip tunnel but whats happening here is weired...