Community discussions

MikroTik App

andredossantos
just joined
Topic Author

Exceptions to dynamic simple queues

Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:10 pm

I have dynamic simple queues created by Mikrotik's PPPoE server configured and working properly. Now, I would like the PPPoE clients to be able to access our VoIP server without being limited by these dynamic simple queues. The VoIP server has a static IP address.

I have tried different combinations of "Insert Queue Before" and "Parent Queue" in the "PPP Profile" window, but whatever combination I try, the VoIP packets are always hitting the simple queue.

How can I remove our VoIP server from dynamic simple queues created by the PPPoE server?

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Exceptions to dynamic simple queues

Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:34 pm

Hey

You should at least share some configuration details (queue config, topology, ...) for others to be able to help you. Your intent is clear, but your environment is not.

andredossantos
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Exceptions to dynamic simple queues

Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:33 pm

You should at least share some configuration details (queue config, topology, ...) for others to be able to help you. Your intent is clear, but your environment is not.
The only queues in these RouterOS devices are simple queues dynamically created by the PPPoE server.
No dynamic routing, no services other than PPPoE are running.
Many different failed configuration attempts, so it's difficult to know how many and which ones to post.

Anyway, it seems my problem was that you cannot have a simple queue with "Max limit" set to "unlimited".
When I set "Max limit" on the parent simple queue, it starts overriding the dynamic simple queues below.