Community discussions

sawilkinson2
just joined
Topic Author

Future of LTE

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:08 pm

Good morning, forum-goers and MikroTik.

I've been keeping an eye on your LTE equipment and got excited when I saw that an LTE AP was released...until I read that it was only a 2GHz AP with LTE client.

Does MikroTik have any plans to release true LTE APs (base stations + antennas or integrated), as well as an EPC or are WISPs left out on a decent alternative to Cambium, BaiCell, Huawei, and the like?

Thanks for reading and your consideration.

krafg

Re: Future of LTE

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:09 am

If you need integrated systems, you have SXT and LHG with LTE, for connectorized systems LtAP and WAP with LTE are for you.

For ISP, on LTE MikroTik have InterCell, but I not know if is ready right now. I know that the pre-orders are now available.

Cambium I know that not works with LTE technology, only WiMAX.

If you need very high throughput, 60 Ghz solutions are for you. Also MikroTik have powerfull solutions on 5 Ghz like LHG and QRT. Also you have on 5 Ghz connectorized solutions like BaseBox, NetBox, NetMetal, RBMetal, etc.

Regards.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:30 am

wAP ac LTE is dual band
Audience is 4x4 dual band and will even have CAT6 modem
We are also working in partnership with our local telecom on 5G modems, CAT12 and CAT18 modems.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

sawilkinson2
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Thanks for the replies, gents! That's good to hear. We just recently fell into a multi-million dollar expansion project and LTE is a viable prospect for us now, especially because we won a bid against Sprint for some 2.5 spectrum, and I'd really like to use MikroTik for our LTE NOBs/APs and MikroTik LTE CPE, as that is what our entire company is built off of. I've gotten the LtAP mini and LHGR and they both seem decent (even though the LtAP is only an 802.11 b/g/n AP); tests I've ran have been adequate (we have to provide 25 and 3 for each fixed wireless CPE/UE) and latency has been OK; going to be rough to provide VoIP, but we can get it done.

I understand that 60 GHz is a fantastic product for lots of data (we've got some LHG60s between our building and warehouse to provide Interwebs to the warehouse, as well as a mixed media fiber/wireless mini-cell build-out), but due to the distance and LoS requirements, it's not doable.

Looking forward to more fantastic MikroTik products!

SiB
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:14 pm

Audience is 4x4 dual band and will even have CAT6 modem
This mean we reach in near future a newer R11E-LTE version with LTE cat.6 and maybe with two band together? This one with LHG XL box will be very preferred.
MTCNA + MTCRE + MTCINE | ~600 users at ~150 RouterBoards in EMEA | Telegram: @SiB_PL | WebChat: Tokonda
WinBox Tip: F6 works as ALT+TAB