Community discussions

MikroTik App

lukas2511
just joined
Topic Author

Bridge VLAN Configuration not being applied

Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:57 pm

Hi,

I'm having some issues with vlan configurations not being applied using the bridge functionality...

Normally everything is working as expected. I set up my vlans, I add some ports to the bridge, set pvid for the ports and set my tagged und untagged ports on the vlans, and it works as intended.

But sometimes it just doesn't apply the new configuration. Running interface bridge vlan print detail i can see that my changes are in the configuration, e.g. tagged=ether1, but it still says current-untagged=ether1 on that vlan and that is also how it's still behaving. I didn't find any way to force the configuration to being applied other than disabling the affected interface and reenabling it, which is okay(ish) for downlink ports, but deadly for the uplink port if inband management is used.

This becomes extremely problematic after disabling a vlan that is configured as pvid and tagged for some ports (quick question on the side: any way to add ports without and pvid?). The device just creates a new dynamic vlan, sets all those ports as untagged, and it's really hard to get rid of... I rebooted the switch to get everything sorted out...

I'm seeing this on a bunch of CRS317-1G-16S+ with current stable firmware, not sure if other devices are also affected.

Maybe I'm holding it wrong, is there some option to make routeros instantly apply my configuration to the hardware?

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Bridge VLAN Configuration not being applied

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:32 pm

Recommending you first read this excellent resource with examples..........
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=143620

This one is not to bad either.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Bridge_VLAN_Table

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:46 pm

a port without pvid would be a port with tagged traffic -> trunk port

On https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Bridge_VLAN_Table doc says
PVID - The Port VLAN ID is used for access ports to tag all ingress traffic with a specific VLAN ID. A dynamic entry is added in the bridge VLAN table for every PVID used, the port is automatically added as an untagged port.
sounds like your behaviour

lukas2511
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:14 am

Recommending you first read this excellent resource with examples..........
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=143620

This one is not to bad either.
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Bridge_VLAN_Table
Well, the thing is... I know how it's supposed to work, and as I said, most of the time it does actually work correctly, just sometimes changing between tagged and untagged will not get applied until I disable and reenable the corresponding interface.

I'm definitively considering this as a bug.
If I see this happening again I'll try gathering as much details as possible and contact support about this.
I was just hoping that somebody might have seen this before and knows a better workaround or even a fix for this behavior.

sebastia
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:30 pm

good plan!