I noticed a lot of people find somehow confusing configuring VLAN's/Bridged on Mikrotik, in relation to other hardware vendors. Mikrotik approach seems to be different, I am posting this setup because I want to understand if I am doing it how it should or I am wrong about it.
My current setups works as expected but as I said, I am not convinced it's the right way to do it, mainly I want to be sure I got it right.
My setup consists of 1 WAN connection and multiple VLAN on LAN.
- I have a bridge called br-wan where I put all ether ports I want to have direct wan access, for example now I have: ether1 and sfp1 ( because I don't know if I am going to use optics of ethernet for my wan connection ), then I have a IP address assiged to br-wan.
- For each LAN VLAN I have the following:
* A bridge called br-vlan100 ( for vlan 100 ), a bridge called br-vlan200 ( for vlan 200 ), and so on.
* On each LAN ether port I have a interface VLAN, named as following: eth1-vlan100, eth1-vlan200, eth2-vlan100, eth2-vlan200
* Now I add each vlan interface to the appropriate bridge I want.
* If I need to have "native vlan -- cisco like )" then I add the ether1 directly to the vlan bridge i want to have it as native vlan.
Code: Select all
add interface=ether2-master-local name=vl110-port2 vlan-id=110 add interface=ether3-master-local name=vl110-port3 vlan-id=110 add interface=ether4-master-local name=vl110-port4 vlan-id=110 add interface=ether5-master-local name=vl110-port5 vlan-id=110 add interface=ether6-master-local name=vl110-port6 vlan-id=110 add interface=ether7-master-local name=vl110-port7 vlan-id=110 add interface=ether8-master-local name=vl110-port8 vlan-id=110 add interface=ether9-master-local name=vl110-port9 vlan-id=110 add bridge=br-vl110-ruckus interface=vl110-port2 add bridge=br-vl110-ruckus interface=vl110-port3 add bridge=br-vl110-ruckus interface=vl110-port4 add bridge=br-vl110-ruckus interface=vl110-port5 add bridge=br-vl111-ruckus interface=vl111-port2 add bridge=br-vl111-ruckus interface=vl111-port3 add bridge=br-vl111-ruckus interface=vl111-port4 add bridge=br-vl111-ruckus interface=vl111-port5 add bridge=br-vl112-ruckus interface=vl112-port2 add bridge=br-vl112-ruckus interface=vl112-port3 add bridge=br-vl112-ruckus interface=vl112-port4 add bridge=br-vl112-ruckus interface=vl112-port5 add bridge=br-vl113-ruckus interface=vl113-port2 add bridge=br-vl113-ruckus interface=vl113-port3 add bridge=br-vl113-ruckus interface=vl113-port4 add address=10.10.12.1/24 interface=br-management-ruckus network=10.10.12.0 add address=10.150.0.1/16 interface=br-vl110-ruckus network=10.150.0.0 add address=10.151.0.1/16 interface=br-vl111-ruckus network=10.151.0.0 add address=10.152.0.1/16 interface=br-vl112-ruckus network=10.152.0.0 add address=10.153.0.1/16 interface=br-vl113-ruckus network=10.153.0.0
I wanna know your thoughts on how correct or wrong is this config.