Community discussions

MikroTik App

comredperu
just joined
Topic Author

Serious problem: Free HDD Space 0 KiB, no space to save settings. RouterOS 6.45.3

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:52 am

I have two LtAP routers that are doing a VPN with each other. When I restart them the configuration is not saved due to lack of space in the HDD. Looking at the Log, these very worrying messages appear that refer to the corrupted database.
I checked for some script or something unusual but I can't find anything.
Before configuring update to the latest stable version available (6.45.3)
In "File", there is no file stored.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown 
manager,error,info,debug failed to commit transaction: database or disk is full 
manager,error,info,debug failed to commit transaction: failed to commit transaction: database or disk is full 
manager,error,info,debug table customer is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table customer is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table custsett is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table custsett is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table style is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table style is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table template is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table template is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table credit is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table credit is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table profile is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table profile is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table user is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table user is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table ucredit is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table ucredit is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table session is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table session is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table router is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table router is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table purchase is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table purchase is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table payment is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table payment is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table dbinfo is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table dbinfo is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table timetraffic is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table timetraffic is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table ttpurchase is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table ttpurchase is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table limitation is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table limitation is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table pprice is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table pprice is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table pparts is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table pparts is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table userprofile is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table userprofile is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table ucounters is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug table ucounters is corrupted: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug error while fixing endtimes: database is not acceseble, yet 
manager,error,info,debug error while updating user money fields: database is not acceseble, yet 
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Serious problem: Free HDD Space 0 KiB, no space to save settings. RouterOS 6.45.3  [SOLVED]

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:15 am

Are you running User manager on this unit? If yes, then you really must add some disk storage ... for two reasons: 1. capacity, 2. built-in flash longevity (frequent wites wear off the flash storage, if built-in flash fails, your device becomes a brick without possibility to repair it).

comredperu
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Serious problem: Free HDD Space 0 KiB, no space to save settings. RouterOS 6.45.3

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:31 am

The equipment is new, they have no more than a week of use.
To get them to operate, I had to uninstall certain packages and stay alone with the basics, that way I achieved a space of 4 MB approx. Now if you save the settings and they remain after the restart.
However, there is still not enough space to add the wireless package, I can't count on the Wlan interface.
I hope to correct it through a complete installation with NetInstall.
I think it should be considered, the manufacture of equipment with a capacity of 32 MB as a minimum storage space. Considering that the update package is 12 MB, how is it supposed to be updated with a storage space of only 16 MB?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sch
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Serious problem: Free HDD Space 0 KiB, no space to save settings. RouterOS 6.45.3

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:48 pm

The equipment is new, they have no more than a week of use.
To get them to operate, I had to uninstall certain packages and stay alone with the basics, that way I achieved a space of 4 MB approx. Now if you save the settings and they remain after the restart.
However, there is still not enough space to add the wireless package, I can't count on the Wlan interface.
I hope to correct it through a complete installation with NetInstall.
I think it should be considered, the manufacture of equipment with a capacity of 32 MB as a minimum storage space. Considering that the update package is 12 MB, how is it supposed to be updated with a storage space of only 16 MB?
You forgot to add Wireless package, that's why you lost wlan1 interface.

comredperu
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:02 am

Yes, I added the wireless package I get a message that there is no space available !!! Do not install it, I have tried several times.
That was the reason to remove it and I am working without a wireless interface now.

vodokotlic
just joined

Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:04 pm

Yes, I added the wireless package I get a message that there is no space available !!! Do not install it, I have tried several times.
That was the reason to remove it and I am working without a wireless interface now.
Before netinstall, you could try with this https://www.mikrotik.com/download/share/fix_space.npk
It helped me with a misbehaving hAP once.
Also, you might not need routing, ntp, and gps packages

filipelias
just joined

Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:02 am

Before netinstall, you could try with this https://www.mikrotik.com/download/share/fix_space.npk
It helped me with a misbehaving hAP once.
Also, you might not need routing, ntp, and gps packages
How did you applied the npk? Netinstall?

Odesláno z mého XT1635-02 pomocí Tapatalk

vodokotlic
just joined

Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:17 am

No, it's the same as applying any other optional package: Drop it in root directory in files and reboot.
After it comes up correctly, the file is gone and you either got some more space or you didn't.

I obviously can't be talking about @comredperu 's LtAP mini with any authority, but it might just be in fine shape, only with too small a disk to fit every package available.
Over the last 6 months we've gone from 6.43. to 6.45. and the updates have gotten significantly fatter (system and wireless combined grew about 1MB, lte is additional package of nearly 2MB).
Yes, 16MB is too close for comfort, especially on lte enabled boards, but at this point we can only poke @normis about it and move on.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:55 pm

LtAP is a small device

small devices are not meant to be a big access-controller, because that it has a Level 4 license allowing only 20 active connections using user manager
and because of that only equipped with 16mb of storage

you need to add external storage to store usermanager database there

If 20 active connections authenticated using user manager are enough for your scenario no problem with extra storage you are done

if not

You have to implement user manager alone in a bigger device with Level 5 License (50 user manager active connections) like rb450Gx4 leaving LtAP as access device

If you need more than 50 active connections authenticated using user manager you need a big router Like rb1100ahx4 (includes Levle 6 license) or add a Level 6 license to rb450Gx4 (very unlikely because license cost more than device)

more than 50 active connections authenticated using user manager are meant to be used on a centralized topology with many devices and users, for small scenarios there is no sense, the added complexity does not pay returns

i think user manager is supported on small devices for testing, teaching and lab purposes

all the tangle of configuring and mantaining user manager does not make sense for less than 100 active connections in real world scenarios

comredperu
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:41 pm

LtAP is a small device

small devices are not meant to be a big access-controller, because that it has a Level 4 license allowing only 20 active connections using user manager
and because of that only equipped with 16mb of storage

you need to add external storage to store usermanager database there

If 20 active connections authenticated using user manager are enough for your scenario no problem with extra storage you are done

if not

You have to implement user manager alone in a bigger device with Level 5 License (50 user manager active connections) like rb450Gx4 leaving LtAP as access device

If you need more than 50 active connections authenticated using user manager you need a big router Like rb1100ahx4 (includes Levle 6 license) or add a Level 6 license to rb450Gx4 (very unlikely because license cost more than device)

more than 50 active connections authenticated using user manager are meant to be used on a centralized topology with many devices and users, for small scenarios there is no sense, the added complexity does not pay returns

i think user manager is supported on small devices for testing, teaching and lab purposes

all the tangle of configuring and mantaining user manager does not make sense for less than 100 active connections in real world scenarios
I do not know where user manager was mentioned and number of users, your comment does not make sense in the context of the exposed problem.
Of course I am quite clear about the capabilities of each router model and what you should and should not do. This case is particular and I explained it because it is the first time that I encounter such a circumstance after doing only a version upgrade to RouterOS.

tlindeb
just joined

Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:37 am

There is definitely a serious gremlin in RouterOS 6.4.x and 6.5.x ( and maybe other versions).
I manage several hAP ac and hAP ac lite devices, and most of them are showing < 70K free space, even if I delete all files visible from file manager.

When this happens, cannot update the firmware except using netinstall. Even after a fresh upgrade with netinstall, the internal HDD sill shows 0% free space, but no files occupying that space. Upgrading appears to require a minimum amount of free space - and I cannot find a way to reclaim the space that has mysteriously disappeared.

@Mikrotik - I have seen several similar posts spanning years - but still not resolution. What's going on? And why the puny 16Mb on the newer devices when previous devices had 128Mb? Maybe excusable on the hAP ac lite - but definitely not the hAP ac.