Community discussions

boompy
just joined
Topic Author

How do I configure this

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:33 pm

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmbiqh4sujnbf ... m.pdf?dl=0

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me with this problem.

I have a number of queries, but I'll start with the basics. I'm a bit new to Mikrotik, but I've done a lot of reading and gained some confidence with the product.

Please see my attached network diagram. I need to connect to various (random) wireless networks using a Mikrotik metal 52ac. My system will be deployed on multiple sites and as such I don't have control over the customer hardware. Behind the Mikrotik device, I have a router which in turn is connected to a network switch and then a bunch of network clients. At this stage, I need to assume that the dedicated router is to be included in the design. I don't intend on using the Mikrotik device as a router at this point.

For this network architecture I am proposing to use pseudo-bridge.

Am I correct in understanding that because my router is running NAT I am able to have as many clients connected to the switch, thus overcoming the limitations of pseudo-bridge, whereby i would normally be limited to a single client device? Please keep in mind that I don't generally have access to the customer network and as such I can't add static routes to the bridged wireless network. If I were to disable NAT and use routing only, would I be able to access more clients on the proviso that I add a static route to the customer AP end of the network?

Next question: Why can I not access the Mikrotik device from the AP side of the network. No matter what I do, I can't access the device unless I'm on the devices LAN. Even if I add a static route to the remote network.