Community discussions

MikroTik App

Fesiitis
Topic Author

VLANs for wifi and guest on router as AP

Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:04 am

I'm pretty new on VLAN's, never had any needs to configure it before, so basically this is first time I'm doing it. Here you can see how I would like to see network for wifi for employees and guests -
https://i.imgur.com/1MukyEr.png

On cAP ac has no any specific configuration yet, it's basically fresh WISP AP set from Quick Set via Winbox - eth1, eth2, wlan1 and wlan2 bridged as bridge1, only default security profile and SID for both wlan's edited and created new security profile for guests. cAP ac is connected to port which gives it IP from VLAN 50, so both wlan's gives every laptop IP from 10.10.53.0/24.

I want to create a new virtual interface with different SID designed for guests and set master interface to wlan1, so it would work on 2.4 GHz. But as company manager wants to configure guests wifi on different VLAN, I need to set this virtual interface to be on VLAN 60. I tried to configure VLAN's for both wlan's and virtual interface by taking this tutorial as example - https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:VLANs_on_Wireless

Configuration I did -
/interface vlan
add interface=ether1 name=vlan-wifi vlan-id=50
add interface=ether1 name=vlan-guest vlan-id=60

/interface wireless
add mode=ap-bridge name=guest master-interface=wlan1 ssid=Guests security-profile=guests
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] vlan-id=50 vlan-mode=use-tag
set [ find default-name=wlan2 ] vlan-id=50 vlan-mode=use-tag
set [ find default-name=guest ] vlan-id=60 vlan-mode=use-tag

/interface bridge
set [ find default-name=bridge1 ] fast-forward=no vlan-filtering=yes

/interface bridge port
add interface=guest bridge=bridge1

/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=bridge1 tagged=ether1,wlan1,wlan2 vlan-ids=50
add bridge=bridge1 tagged=ether1,guest vlan-ids=60

After this I can connect to any wlan's or guest, but I can't get IP from router. If I remove vlan-wifi, set both wlan's back to vlan-mode=no-tag and remove bridge vlan with vlan-ids=50, I can connect to wlan's, but I will receive IP from VLAN 60. How I can achieve my goal? Thanks!

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: VLANs for wifi and guest on router as AP

Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:37 am

a better resource with examples is here.......
viewtopic.php?t=143620

I have an MT router smart switches and capacs in my house and use on each unit
capac upstairs
-5hz wlan for family wifi (separate vlan for family).
-5ghz virtual wlan for guests (separate vlan for guests)
-2ghz wlan for IOT devices upstairs (separate vlan for iot devices upstairs)
capac downstairs
different virtual wlan and vlan for different guests, and different wlan and vlan for different iot devices
(so at least in total 5 different WLANS running and 5 vlans).

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: VLANs for wifi and guest on router as AP

Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:50 am

Configuration I did -

Please post complete configuration (output of /export hide-sensitive, you can omit the wireless security profiles). The part you posted indicates incorrect settings regarding bridge (the whole subtree), but it's hard to show what exactly is wrong with it without seeing the whole lot ...