Community discussions

MikroTik App

dfgkw
just joined
Topic Author

CAP AC Post Firmware Update Issues

Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi guys,

Having a particularly annoying issues with a CAP AC every time I attempt to firmware update it - the device gets stuck in a reboot loop requiring NetInstall reflash.

Environment: CAP AC connected to POE port 10 on RB3011.

Has anyone had these issues previously? What is the best way to resolve them permanently?

I'm not exaggerating when I say that this has happened every time I attempt a firmware update...and stupidly I keep trying them when I get time in the hope that it was resolved by the previous update.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CAP AC Post Firmware Update Issues

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:30 pm

Firmware upgrade or software upgrade?

dfgkw
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:44 pm

RouterOS

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:52 pm

RouterOS
This is software..not firmware
When you netinstall you keep your old configuration? If yes then netinstall without enabling the "keep user configuration" box..

Have you updated your device to the latest firmware?

dfgkw
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:39 pm

Apologies for my misrepresentation.

To clarify, I am flattening the config every time. The NetInstall part of this is not the issue. The issue is that after any SOFTWARE upgrade I am having to then reset the CAP using NetInstall as it sits in a reboot loop.

When not updating, the CAP reboots without issue.

UpRunTech
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:28 am

Apologies for my misrepresentation.

To clarify, I am flattening the config every time. The NetInstall part of this is not the issue. The issue is that after any SOFTWARE upgrade I am having to then reset the CAP using NetInstall as it sits in a reboot loop.

When not updating, the CAP reboots without issue.
Just to be clear, in Winbox when you go to System->Routerboard what versions does Facotry, Current and Upgrade show? Current and Upgrade should always be the same. If not, click on the Upgrade button. Always have System->Routerboard->Settings->Autoupgrade ticked.