Community discussions

MikroTik App

MikeNZ
just joined
Topic Author

SSH problem on RBM33G

Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:47 am

Hi Guys,

from some reason I have a problem to log into MikroTik Cellular Router RBM33G via ssh. There seem to be a memory leak of some sort. Memory usage is steadily increasing and after few weeks the ssh login becomes unavailable. The device is still doing what it's suppose to I can ping it I can long into devices behind, everything looks fine apart from this SSH thing... SSH is the only "/ip service" allowed on our network from obvious reasons :-)

We use exactly same HW and Software and Firmware version on routed cellular modems and there is no problem what so ever.

Since it's cellular modem configured as PtP running GRE tunnel in between DC and remote site. (on private cellular network that's why we don't bother with ipsec ). I have no other option how to log in and those devices and they are all over the country. We'll have to visit those sites anyway but I'd be nice to know if anyone had same/similar problem and what's the possible resolution.

I now have one of those device locally in the office so I can play with it. Any suggestions?

It's doing it on versions 6.41 , 6.44 and latest one I had there was 6.45.2. Now I just have to wait and quietly monitor if it does the same thing in the office and then next step would be upgrade to latest version but I don't think it will help..

Anyway I'll be thankful for any suggestion / idea.

Cheers

Mike

nickb333
just joined

Re: SSH problem on RBM33G

Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:17 pm

I have a couple of these I use for LTE remote access, configured as L2TP/IPSEC clients. Here is the resource print from one that is running 6.46 stable and has been up for almost three weeks. I normally use Winbox for remote access but I've confirmed ssh is working normally.
 /system resource print
                   uptime: 2w6d8h5m14s
                  version: 6.46 (stable)
               build-time: Dec/02/2019 11:16:46
         factory-software: 6.40.5
              free-memory: 216.1MiB
             total-memory: 256.0MiB
                      cpu: MIPS 1004Kc V2.15
                cpu-count: 4
            cpu-frequency: 880MHz
                 cpu-load: 1%
           free-hdd-space: 4.8MiB
          total-hdd-space: 16.3MiB
  write-sect-since-reboot: 12401
         write-sect-total: 22037
               bad-blocks: 0%
        architecture-name: mmips
               board-name: RBM33G
                 platform: MikroTik
Nick B.
UK.

SiB
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: SSH problem on RBM33G

Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:13 am

You have a VPN with this device then if this L2 then enable RoMON and MAC Telnet. If VPN is only L3 then please add WinBox/Telnet connectivity via internal IP. This way you can check and grab new info about this ssh problem.

Remember to enable log with topic=ssh,debug,!packet
MTCNA + MTCRE + MTCINE | ~600 users at ~150 RouterBoards in EMEA | Telegram: @SiB_PL
WinBox Tip: F6 works as ALT+TAB | Gliffy.com - free network schematic | prnt.sc - free ScreenShot software
I will be at MUMEUROPE Prague on ?? ?? 202?