Community discussions

RSchnell
just joined
Topic Author

CCR1009-7G-1C-1s+ blocking certain IPs but not others

Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:12 pm

So, I've had this setup for a while and recently I've started having customers complain about not getting to certain websites. I've called my upstream provider, the website hosting companies, and anyone else I can think of to make sure my /22 block of addresses hasn't been blacklisted. I've also checked every blacklisting site I can find and all of my IPs seem to be clean.

for testing purposes:
  • I've pinged the website IPs from the router and had them reply without problems.
  • I've pinged from customers IPs and get no response
  • I've run a traceroute from the router and it goes through as expected
  • I've run it from customers IP and one site hits upstream provider and stops the other gets several more steps beyond and then also stops. Neither reaching the destination.
  • I've disabled ALL of my firewall filter rules with no change
  • I've checked with other customers and other websites and don't find anything wrong
  • I've added and exception to the firewall rules for the IPs in question and any other blacklist exceptions (if it's in the address list of exceptions accept the packet and move on)
What would/could be stopping these 2 websites/hosting companies from being passed through when everything else seems to work just fine? I am loath to make changes to the production router without first consulting with those more knowledgeable than I.

I'm not sure which portions of the router setup would be useful in diagnosing this but let me know and I'll gladly post them.

Thanks.