Community discussions

MikroTik App

mikrotikbd
just joined
Topic Author

Very Urgent!!! CCR MEMORY GROW RAPIDLY!!! Rebooting system within 45 minutes

Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:03 am

Dear Support Team,
I am in a very very critical situation. One of my production CCR 1036 router rebooting within 45 minutes. I observed last day and found below situation.

1. CCR Router version is 6.44.5 (Long-term) system CPU load is below 15 %. total PPPoE user is 500+
2. I found memory uses decreases rapidly every second and it consumed whole 4GB memory within 45 minutes and restarts the CCR 1036.
3. I have checked profile, firewall logs everything but found no issue abnormal.
4.only two service is running currently such as inbox with custom port and API-SSL.

I have attached a screenshot of Mikrotik MRTG and autosupout file with this email.

Please help me cause its one of my production router .Image
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dude2048
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Very Urgent!!! CCR MEMORY GROW RAPIDLY!!! Rebooting system within 45 minutes

Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:33 pm

This is a user forum with some assistance from MikroTik. please submit this to support@mikrotik.com

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Very Urgent!!! CCR MEMORY GROW RAPIDLY!!! Rebooting system within 45 minutes

Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:26 pm

It is a good idea to investigate if there is some resource that is being exhausted by behavior of your clients or scanners from the internet.
E.g. session table in the firewall, ARP table, IPv6 neighbor table, etc.

This could be due to someone doing port scanning or other DoS attacking of the router.
First find out if it is an inside job or if it is from the internet.
Then find a way to block it e.g. using a "raw" filter.

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:05 pm

try disabling web proxy