I had previously (couple of month back) already some issues with hap ac2 as "repeater" while on the road:
- 2.4G WLAN as station connected to remote GW, WLAN 5G as my local Wifi router for my laptop and phone etc.
Now last week I had the time and occasion to again try to this up in a different place and had again issues:
Only changes made are (on 6.45.6):
- Reset hap AC2 with default config (dual band AP)
- remove WLAN1 from LAN list, and as well from BRIDGE
- add WLAN1 to WAN i/f list
- add DHCP client on WLAN1 i/f
- Set WLAN1 to station mode, add SSID and security profile as needed
--> Wifi connects ! Great!
--> DHCP client does not get any IP address, status "searching". Log shows that requests where sent
Other devices do connect to the AP (in this case was a Tenda hotel AP).
Any idea? I saw this DHCP client issue before but never had time to check it out.
It is really annoying as I like such setup (2G Station with 5G Wifi) but it does not work in many places due to this issue.
Did I oversaw the obvious ?