Community discussions

MikroTik App

Ohforf
just joined
Topic Author

SOLVED: Cannot connect Mikrotik to Windows Server 2008 R2 RRAS.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Hello

We have Windows Server 2008 R2 with RRAS. Windows clients connect just fine. Tried to add a new l2tp-ou1 interface, setting up: IP, username, password, IPSec secret. Everything else is default (tried different Mikrotik devices, with default config, stable and long-term). Doesn't work. There are messages "NO-PROPOSAL-CHOSEN" and "failed to bind to ::[500] Bad file descriptor" - both are vague.

What else can we try? Please help.
Last edited by Ohforf on Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Cannot connect Mikrotik to Windows Server 2008 R2 RRAS.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:42 pm

No proposal chosen happens when router and remote device can't agree on IPSec config. Enable more verbose logging for IPSec (in System-Logging) and you should be able to find details. The other one I'm not sure about, but I think I saw somewhere in forum that it happens when IPv6 package is not active. Which could make sense, because :: is IPv6 address.
People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply. Not intended as incentive for masochists.

Ohforf
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Cannot connect Mikrotik to Windows Server 2008 R2 RRAS.

Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:05 pm

Solved.

For Phase 1 (Profile) we need sha1-3des-modp1024(DH2)
For Phase 2 (Proposal) we need sha1-aes128cbc-NONE(NO PFS Group)

Foxie
just joined

Re: SOLVED: Cannot connect Mikrotik to Windows Server 2008 R2 RRAS.

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:59 pm

Hello. I have more or less the same problem. Trying to connect my hAP AC router as a client to a L2TP Windows Server with real IP address. Tried to use the PPP Add Interface menu to add just a l2tp-out2 interface where I filled a destination address, username and password, IPSec secret as well. And with these settings there were no success to establish connection with Mikrotik log message 'l2tp-out2: terminating... session closed'.

But I read your second message here thet you solved a problem using the site-to-site connection type am I right? Tried to do so and no success too.

Can you explain all the steps to fix an issue?

Thank you.
hAP AC, 2*hAP AC Lite, 2*hAP AC Lite Tower