Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Today - Linus tech tips, MIKROTIK !!!!!

Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:14 am

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Today - Linus tech tips, MIKROTIK !!!!!

Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:21 pm

Linus will help MikroTik to bring in a new demographic. They need home users, not just hard core networking guys. Could really use an intro tutorial for how to setup MikroTik in a home environment. Would be happy to produce such a series of articles.

My first exposure to RouterOS was very confusing. I think about 20,000 people are going to see Linus video and make the decision to look into this brand. Why make most of them move on to something else when a short series of articles, written from the perspective of an advanced home user, will generate sales?

Think like a Product Manger, not just a programmer. I wrote the VLAN article, not because I'm the most knowledgeable person here, far from it. It was simply a necessity to help me get a simple configuration going. I also wanted to help the forum members here by giving them something they can point to. However, much more is needed.

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Today - Linus tech tips, MIKROTIK !!!!!

Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:23 pm

Have you gotten around to creating such a series? I'm a home user and looking into using MikroTik.

Good to have you here! MikroTik's are a lot of fun. If you get frustrated, we'll try to help. I have not produced the series because I would need compensation for such an endeavor. It takes a very long time to create even a small paragraph that is readable and accurate for the intended audience. I do feel you need this.

A lot of professionals use MikroTik, so if things feel cold here, just understand people are working on projects and don't have time to help someone new with networking and MikroTik's unique methods. You need to understand networking a little bit to make it here. I would like to see that changed a little, but it will need some backing.