Community discussions

MikroTik App

mfgsi
just joined
Topic Author

Un dispositivo Varias IP

Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:31 am

Buenas tardes, como andan? los contacto para hacerle una consulta.
Tengo una routerboard rb 951 actualizada al ultimo firmware, me paso que hace unos dias detecto varias IP para una sola mac, trate de bloquear, de no permitirle navegar y sigo con el mismo problema.
Alguien me puede dar una mano de lo que esta pasando?
Desde ya muchas gracias

P/D Adjunto imagen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Un dispositivo Varias IP

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:08 pm

You should post in english...!

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:13 pm

It's a server?

Regards.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:09 pm

You should post in english...!
Cmon, didnt you know that dr google is you friend..............
"Good afternoon, how are you? I contact you to ask you a question.
I have a routerboard rb 951 updated to the latest firmware, it happened to me that a few days ago I detected several IPs for a single mac, try to block, not allow it to navigate and I still have the same problem.
Can someone give me a hand of what's going on?
From already thank you very much"
That was easy!!!!

If I see a beautiful spanish woman/handsome spanish man in a bar, am I going to woo her/him with my poor spanish or simply give up LOL.
Dos cervezas por favor :-)

another
just joined

Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:23 pm

That was easy!!!!

If I see a beautiful spanish woman/handsome spanish man in a bar, am I going to woo her/him with my poor spanish or simply give up LOL.
Dos cervezas por favor :-)
San Miguel, Cruzcampo, Victoria, Estrella Galicia.... ¿? Caña? Jarra ? Pinta ?
:lol:

victorsoares
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:28 pm

You should post your DHCP configuration so we can help you further.

inteq

Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:25 pm

Yeah, everyone should just post in their native language.
Those who respond, should do it in their native language also, specially if its another language entirely.
Let's prove Tower of Babel is viable!
/s

AlainCasault
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:31 pm

The idea behind "English only" is that we can all learn from each other.

As much as I would looooove to speak many languages, I only speak two fluently m, a third one with some difficulty and a collection of words in various languages that can me friends I social situations.

There are many FB groups that cater to three other languages.

But hey, si le coeur vous en dit, ne vous genez pas à perdre votre temps à traduire tout ce beau et long texte. ;)

Sent from my cell phone. Sorry for the errors.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:52 pm

@Alain, which is the third language that you speak ... if I may ask?

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:48 pm

As we got to a more serious note, there's a significant advantage of using a machine translator at source than at destination: the sender can write a message in their native language, let the translator translate it to English, and then take the result and let the same translator translate it back to the original language. If the result still has the same meaning like the original message, the translation to English is probably reasonably good; if it is not, the sender can use different words and wordings to obtain a better one. This is what the recipient cannot do, so they are left with guessing.

My favourite urban legend is that years ago, at the early days of machine translation, gentlemen took a phrase "out of eyes, out of mind", let it be translated to French and then back to English, and got "invisible idiot". A few months ago I've used Google translate for some text in Hungarian; the English version made no sense. I can't be sure whether it was because the translation from Hungarian to English works bad or because the Hungarian original made no sense either, but as it was not the only text in Hungarian which ended up like that, I'm afraid it was the former case, which makes me suspicious regarding the quality of translation of other languages which have less native speakers than, say, Spanish or French (so a smaller group of people actively contributing to the automated translators' vocabularies) and/or belong to other than Roman language groups (so the language constructs they use are different from, and thus harder to convert to, those used in English).

And this doesn't even touch the issue of misspelling, typos etc. which you automatically auto-correct in a language you know, but the automated translators are yet incapable to do that.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:43 pm

... phrase "out of eyes, out of mind", let it be translated to French and then back to English, and got "invisible idiot".

:lol: This one killed me.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:01 pm

Sacrement you want to know his third skill set,
He is a maudit francais The answer is obvious osti de tabarnak...

(The cursing tongue of course) Every quebecer has a colourful palette when provoked. ;-)

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:52 pm

I wasn't aware that whatewer spoken by Quebec people qualifies for stand-alone language. But man learns something new every day, n'est ce pas? Must be true if a "New Scotsman" says so ... :wink:

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:34 pm

@mfgsi, to return to your original issue - in contrary to popular belief, the DHCP server assigns the IP addresses to unique Client-ID values, not to unique source MAC addresses of the request. The Client-ID is often derived from the client's MAC address but it is not a law. So if you extend the Client-ID column of the table, you'll see that the Client-ID for each address is different (from what I can see from your screenshot, it starts with "RAS L...."; the first byte should indicate the type of the Client-ID but as it has little impact on functionality, some vendors don't care). So it seems to me that there are DHCP-clients behind the Windows server, and the Windows server acts as a DHCP relay.

The /ip dhcp-server has a parameter called, quite counter-intuitively, client-mac-limit. According to the manual, this setting "specifies whether to limit specific number of clients per single MAC address or leave unlimited (which is the default). Note that this setting should not be used in relay setups." So the name of the parameter should be something like leases-per-mac.

Hence by setting client-mac-limit to 1 on the DHCP server, you'll reduce the number of IP addresses leased out, but the question is what it will break at the other side of the Windows machine.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:45 pm

After posting the above, I've tried to google-translate it to Spanish and back to English. The "counter" part fell out from the translation of "counter-intuitive" already on the EN->ES way, which has changed the meaning to the opposite. At this particular place it is not important, but somewhere else it might cause a lot of misunderstanding. 😢

AlainCasault
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:05 pm

You may ask... (Quoting James T. Kirk ). Sign language.

So technically speaking, I don't "speak" it. :D

AlainCasault
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:09 pm

(The cursing tongue of course) Every quebecer has a colourful palette when provoked. ;-)
Honestly Anav, I find your answer to be offensive. Like if all maritime Canadians where drunks. Oh well...

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:13 pm

Honestly Anav, I find your answer to be offensive. Like if all maritime Canadians where drunks. Oh well...

I apologize for not realizing you have no sense of humour.
The art and character of dialogue in quebec can be very elegant and eloquent but I clearly stated, "WHEN PROVOKED" the quebec language can be wonderfully colourful............
If you don't care to admit it then you must live in a bubble.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:34 pm

@AlainCasault, out of curiosity, are you aware that there is not just a single sign language but many of them, historically linked to countries and/or nations of origin? So which one do you "technically not speak" :) ? (as for me, I know none).

AlainCasault
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:48 pm

@AlainCasault, out of curiosity, are you aware that there is not just a single sign language but many of them, historically linked to countries and/or nations of origin? So which one do you "technically not speak" :) ? (as for me, I know none).
Yes I'm aware. It's probably worst than all the "official" languages and dialects in India.

I use LSQ, which stands for "Quebec sign language". Never got around learning ASL as I have no English deaf friends.