Community discussions

MikroTik App

ZAJDAN
just joined
Topic Author

IRC channel on freenode

Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:43 pm

Hi..
I found that on freenode exist IRC channel, but to join the channel needs invitation.
Is anybody here who can invite me there?

Thank You
Regards ZAJDAN

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Re: IRC channel on freenode

Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:35 pm

The channel does not require invite, you just need to be registered at Freenode.

See: https://www.wikihow.com/Register-a-Nickname-on-Freenode

Zapy
just joined

Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi, well the unofficial channel have also been created on libera in regards of the events on freenode takeover.
But, there is some seriously bad management in these channels, it does not state that it is unofficial either in clear text, it only shows by the two # that makes a channel unofficial.
@mducharme i would like to discuss this further with someone from mikrotik and not in public as this isn't good for mikrotiks official marketing,

pm me or drop me an email please, the registered one is correct.
Last edited by Zapy on Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:27 am

Per the Libera.chat guidelines the current ##mikrotik channel (double #) is an informal channel. https://libera.chat/chanreg
https://libera.chat/chanreg#informal-channels
And anyone can manage it (whoever registered it first), everyone knows it's not "official" .
If some official from MikroTik will consider that they need an official community presence on Libera chat, they can take the single # channel (#mikrotik) at any time by submitting a proper request for it.
But I doubt that will ever happen, they rarely moderate the forum, doubt someone will waste time on IRC.

The official support is listed here: https://mikrotik.com/support

Regarding freenode, I've heard horror stories about the freenode channel.
Someone registered it 12 years ago or something, gave op to two more users and never managed it, it was something like Santa when one of them was around to restore order. It was also an unofficial channel (##).
Atleast on Libera there are some ops active now.
Don't be so butthurt about it.

And for the last time, no, you can't add more buttons to your hap lite. Or to any MikroTik device for that matter.

Zapy
just joined

Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:41 pm

Per the Libera.chat guidelines the current ##mikrotik channel (double #) is an informal channel. https://libera.chat/chanreg
https://libera.chat/chanreg#informal-channels

Already stated if you'd care to read my post at all.

And anyone can manage it (whoever registered it first), everyone knows it's not "official" .
Its not a " everyone knows" it's not "official" and what do you mean by "official" its _not official_ not ""
And for those not familiar with Libera or IRC basic rules and guidelines know this? i highly doubt some person that just needs a little bit of help and joins the channel will not know this.
If some official from MikroTik will consider that they need an official community presence on Libera chat, they can take the single # channel (#mikrotik) at any time by submitting a proper request for it.
But I doubt that will ever happen, they rarely moderate the forum, doubt someone will waste time on IRC.

The official support is listed here: https://mikrotik.com/support

Regarding freenode, I've heard horror stories about the freenode channel.
Someone registered it 12 years ago or something, gave op to two more users and never managed it, it was something like Santa when one of them was around to restore order. It was also an unofficial channel (##).
Atleast on Libera there are some ops active now.
Don't be so butthurt about it.

And for the last time, no, you can't add more buttons to your hap lite. Or to any MikroTik device for that matter.

Butthurt? the only ones that are being butthurt are you and drmessano that cant discuss things in a civilized manner, cursing and slandering users that connect to the channel.
Regardless if you three have been the most active members or not on IRC which is great none the less, but behaving like asshats will make other users, new users, potential users think that this is the way you are being included in the community of mikrotik, more or less not at all with this behavior.

Being first muted in the channel for being uncomfortable stating obvious things and asking questions about the tone and behavior in the channel and now being banned because i did point it out and brought it to mikrotiks attention that it will indeed belitter their name as well, not to forget about the community.

Who would like to join a channel, meeting phone call or whatever just being told you are a dumb fuck because you ask questions?

Yes i asked about the mode buttons that exists on hex unit, yes i have a hap lite unit, but i also asked if there was a hardware modification to be able to add more buttons, just because YOU have not done it, it does not mean that it doesn't exists or could be done, if it isn't so that you have exhausted every chance of it being so.

But that question, and the following discussion, i was made aware that i am a dumb fuck, by you specifically.
That i am not allowed to ask an operator, that is in another time zone and sleeping why they do allow such toxxic behavior and discussion after that stating that they couldn't do anything because they were sleeping, ofc they couldn't they were sleeping, but what should i have done, stayed up all night to wait for them to wake up and come online and THEN ask them?
That would have been the exact same thing as it then would have been in the past and i would, with the logic, or nonlogic you maybe should say result in me getting a mute either way.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:35 pm

1623076858288.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zapy
just joined

Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:46 pm

Wat8.jpg
The fact that you don't seem to be able to wrap this around your head and understand the implication and bad name you are generating for the mikrotik community on IRC is just sad.

Samot
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:48 pm

OK how about we add some context to this whole thing. As the original question that was posed was asking about the mode button that is a physical button on the router that only certain models have. You specifically asked how to "add more buttons" like the mode button. You were told no, that's not possible but you could script the mode button to execute scripts to do what you wanted. You still doubled down on "more buttons" and then it turns out the model you wanted to do this with doesn't even have a mode button on it.

So you asked how to add more physical buttons, you were told that's not possible AND given alternatives to how to use the Mode button to achieve what you wanted by at least *three people* but you would not accept that as an answer and continued to try to get the answer you wanted. Sure after telling you same thing multiple times someone started being a bit of a jerk but you were the one that started dropping f-bombs and announced you ignored the user. Problem stopped, a whole 10 minute interaction that happened in the middle of the night (for the ops, so they were sleeping).

Come morning the ops find themselves being attacked for allowing behavior they were not around to see and since they didn't auto ban the person you found offensive you decided to attack the Ops and what they do. So it seems like you're upset the ops did nothing to users who got frustrated with answering your questions multiple times and you not listening. If you're upset that you got banned by the ops then perhaps your approach to trying to get a user punished for being a jerk was not to be a jerk and immediately attack the ops for not acting in a timeframe of your liking.

Zapy
just joined

Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:30 pm

OK how about we add some context to this whole thing. As the original question that was posed was asking about the mode button that is a physical button on the router that only certain models have. You specifically asked how to "add more buttons" like the mode button. You were told no, that's not possible but you could script the mode button to execute scripts to do what you wanted. You still doubled down on "more buttons" and then it turns out the model you wanted to do this with doesn't even have a mode button on it.

So you asked how to add more physical buttons, you were told that's not possible AND given alternatives to how to use the Mode button to achieve what you wanted by at least *three people* but you would not accept that as an answer and continued to try to get the answer you wanted. Sure after telling you same thing multiple times someone started being a bit of a jerk but you were the one that started dropping f-bombs and announced you ignored the user. Problem stopped, a whole 10 minute interaction that happened in the middle of the night (for the ops, so they were sleeping).
Add context? cant you guys read? i added context in my first big post stating what i asked about didn't i?
I didn't ask how to, i asked if someone knew if it was possible to modify the router, specifically more buttons.
i was told no and i was fine with that, then everything else unfolded when someone started to ask why, in the mix of everything, trying to keep up with answering why i got to be called a dumb fuck because i want more buttons.
Why shuld someone ever call someone a dumb fuck because he/she wanted more buttons?
Hardware modifying, google it maybe?
Come morning the ops find themselves being attacked for allowing behavior they were not around to see and since they didn't auto ban the person you found offensive you decided to attack the Ops and what they do. So it seems like you're upset the ops did nothing to users who got frustrated with answering your questions multiple times and you not listening. If you're upset that you got banned by the ops then perhaps your approach to trying to get a user punished for being a jerk was not to be a jerk and immediately attack the ops for not acting in a timeframe of your liking.
Seriously, attacked? are you kidding me? i merely asked how this could be tolerated, i asked
ONCE
and then left it alone for you guys to answer whenever it would, or if it would be answered, come morning you, the ops, started throwing shit at me for asking you something when you were not at the computer, i mean, wtf man, how else would IRC work with ppl writing to each other over the time-zones,yet again, would you have wanted me to waited and asked in the morning?
But since that again would have been in the past you weren't there and the " attack " would have been the same, wouldn't it?

For everyone to see how this group "admins/manages" the unofficial mikrotik channel on Libera, not to be confused with ops on freenode as they were not ops on freenode.
Thank you guys, you are really another kind of stars.

Logs, joins, parts and other discussions removed (1-2)
Session Start: Wed Jun 02 00:00:00 2021
Session Ident: ##mikrotik
[09:34:30] <Zapy> Hi! is there anyone that knows if any mikrotik hAP for ex could host different profiles that you could change with a physicall button? or if there is any possibility to modify the hw to allow such function?
[09:35:06] <Znevna> profile of what?
[10:15:43] <Zapy> sorry, network profiles or hAP configurations might be a better word.
[10:27:22] <Zapy> hex devices*, i know some of them have a mode button that you can set to use different configs, but im wondering if anyone know if its possible to have more than two configurations, as in more buttons that you can toggle to have different configs loaded
[14:11:58] <@Samot> Zapy: The answer on that is no. There is no "button" to press to chance configs.
[14:12:15] <@Samot> change*
[14:27:25] <Znevna> guess you could script something
[14:27:27] <Znevna> but why
[14:28:21] <@Samot> Exactly
[21:43:48] <Zapy> Samot the mode button is made exactly for that, it states it on the products pages, i was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to have more buttons.
[21:51:44] <Znevna> wut
[22:00:02] <Znevna> [21/06/02 10:34:31] <Zapy> Hi! is there anyone that knows if any mikrotik hAP for ex could host different profiles that you could change with a physicall button? or if there is any possibility to modify the hw to allow such function?
[22:00:05] <Znevna> is not the same with
[22:00:10] <Znevna> <Zapy> Samot the mode button is made exactly for that, it states it on the products pages, i was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to have more buttons.
[22:00:30] <Znevna> you want MORE BUTTONS? or you want the existing button to do SOMETHING?
[22:06:55] <@Samot> Zapy: There is nothing fir swapping configs on the fly. Because, why?
[22:07:59] <Znevna> he can script that button to do whatever he wants
[22:08:08] <Znevna> start the washing machine even
[22:33:30] <x25> AFAIK, the following lists the models that support the definable MODE button: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:R ... ode_button
[22:33:45] <x25> So, if it ain't there, then outta luck
[22:37:28] <x25> @Zapy: Also, just to clarify, the mode button does't necessarily change configs per se - it will execute a script. So while this will often include cfg changes, it could be dload'ing files, making a b\u, etc.
Session Close: Thu Jun 03 00:00:00 2021

Session Start: Thu Jun 03 00:00:00 2021
[09:22:32] <Zapy> x25 thank you for the clarification generally, i knew this when i asked, im looking for a method or was wondering if there was any way to add more buttons (hack) if anyone knew.
[09:23:15] <Znevna> no
[09:23:21] <Znevna> MORE BOTTUN?
[09:23:24] <Znevna> BUTTONS?
[09:23:28] <Znevna> on a fucking router?
[09:23:31] <Znevna> get a keyboard
[09:23:32] <Znevna> ffs
[09:24:12] <Zapy> you dont even know why Znevna why the fuck are you latching out before you have asked? be kind...
[09:27:31] <Zapy> Samot i want to change configs as i am a traveling technican, with customers using different setup i would like different configs on the router, some networks i am at and need to connect to have DHCP then i want the router (its a hAP Lite) to have DHCP enabled, other networks does then i need it disabled for ex and some other smal configurations and wanted an easy way to switch them wo
[09:27:31] <Zapy> logging in to the router.
[09:28:14] <Znevna> and how many buttons do you need to do that?
[09:28:54] <Zapy> depends on the amount of configs you want doesnt? as i asked if anyone knew if there was a way to add more.
[09:30:09] <Znevna> why not use TR-069 if you deply them in your network?
[09:30:13] <Znevna> deploy*
[09:30:26] <Znevna> or ship them with the proper config from the start
[09:30:35] <Znevna> NO I NEED BUTTONS
[09:30:34] <Zapy> i dont deploy them, im traveling, i have one in my backpack
[09:30:46] <-> Gotta find a free ACS worth a damn first :P
[09:30:57] <Zapy> acs?
[09:31:13] <Znevna> oh so it's just one damn router
[09:31:23] <Znevna> is it so hard to script some changes and cycle through them?
[09:31:49] <Znevna> but I think that takes more time than just adjusting your wan config
[09:32:51] <Zapy> man, im fucking sorry i asked Znevna im sorry that i have upset you in such a manner...
[09:32:59] <Zapy> and
[09:33:06] <Zapy> fu, /ignore
[09:33:10] <Znevna> YES
[09:33:13] <Znevna> rofl
[09:34:35] <Znevna> 23:00:01] <Znevna> <Zapy> Hi! is there anyone that knows if any mikrotik hAP for ex could host different profiles that you could change with a physicall button? or if there is any possibility to modify the hw to allow such function?
[09:34:35] <Znevna> 23:00:05] <Znevna> is not the same with
[09:34:35] <Znevna> 23:00:10] <Znevna> <Zapy> Samot the mode button is made exactly for that, it states it on the products pages, i was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to have more buttons.
[09:34:35] <Znevna> 23:00:30] <Znevna> you want MORE BUTTONS? or you want the existing button to do SOMETHING?
[09:34:38] <Znevna> fucking moron
[09:35:01] <Zapy> what happend to open community and helping each other? what is this toxic behaviour that you allow Samot drmessano?

[13:26:58] <@Samot> Zapy: I was sleeping. What is going on?
[13:28:30] <@Samot> Zapy: But I'm going to try to explain this one more time. There is currently nothing in RouterOS that lets you store multiple configs in different profiles and then press a button to change said configs.
[13:29:30] <@Samot> Zapy: At best you can use the mode button to write a script that does all this stuff. But your profiles need to be stored in said script. Or you'll need to have some .rsc files that you can either use the button to fetch from the cloud or you can do a local import of local .rsc files that you have on your computer.
[13:30:41] <Znevna> it is doable with a single button too. since he only wants to change the wan part and/or the bridging / lan etc
[13:30:42] <@Samot> Zapy: Oh yeah and your original question was that you wanted to make *more buttons* so my original reply was no.
[13:31:14] <Znevna> one could write a script like, if you press the button X times in 10 seconds to this
[13:31:21] <Znevna> or if you press it y times to that
[13:31:25] <Znevna> do that*
[13:31:40] <@Samot> Let's also keep something in mind here..
[13:31:55] <@Samot> That functionality was add in 6.47beta60
[13:32:06] <@Samot> Which means the current 6.48.x code.
[13:34:16] <Znevna> are you talking about the routerboot changes?
[13:34:26] <Znevna> routerboard*, sorry
[13:36:52] <@Samot> The hold time feature.
[13:37:08] <@Samot> So you can set short press, long press, mid press, whatever.
[13:37:37] <Znevna> ah, nah. you could count the clicks, more reliable I think.
[13:38:39] <Znevna> but his other question, regarding the add more buttons shit, taking the hardware tinkering required aside, you'd have to modify RouterOS, I mean, good luck with that
[13:50:29] <@Samot> Oh for christ sake.
[13:51:43] <@Samot> Zapy: You have a hAP Lite, none of the hAP Lite models including the ac and the tc (tower case) have a *mode button*
[13:52:17] <@Samot> Zapy: They only have a reset/wps button. So you don't even have the right model of Mikrotik that has a *mode* button to do what you want.
[13:52:50] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Allie
[13:53:24] <@Allie> Zapy: buy a bunch of mAPs and a dumb switch. configure each one the way you want. plug the correct one in when you need that functionality
[13:53:25] <@Samot> So all this was about a button that doesn't exist on your model of Mikrotik.
[13:53:32] * ChanServ sets mode: -o Allie
[13:53:49] <@Samot> Allie: This is the I have it in my backpack and I want to press a button for 10 seconds to have X config.
[13:54:01] <@Samot> Allie: If I press for 5 I have Y config.
[13:55:28] <@Samot> So A) you can't store " config profiles" B) you would need to script this in some manner. C) or you need to upload/import new .rsc files when needed and finally D) the button doesn't exist on that model.
[13:56:22] <+Allie> aye. hence the pragmatic solution of giving a technician a bunch of cheap devices labelled up to work in different ways :P
[14:29:20] <@drmessano> Zapy: Don't ping me when I am asleep and accuse me of "allowing" behavior
[14:50:19] <@drmessano> That's my biggest peeve
[14:52:26] <@Samot> My peeve is that it all happened over a model that doesn't even have the button they are going on about.
[14:52:39] <@Samot> hap lite's don't have a mode button.
[14:52:45] <@Samot> Not even the newer TC versions.
[14:53:12] <@Samot> The TC version just got a newer looking reset/wps button. One that doesn't need a paperclip.
[14:53:40] <Znevna> it has a reset button, doesn't it?
[14:54:04] <@Samot> Did I not just say that?
[14:54:26] <Znevna> so it can be done using the reset button :)
[14:55:16] <@Samot> 3:43:48 PM <Zapy> Samot the mode button is made exactly for that, it states it on the products pages, i was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to have more buttons.
[14:55:30] <@Samot> Now look, you fucking pasted that same line numerous times in the last 24 hours.
[14:55:50] <@Samot> Please don't start this shit in th emorning with me.
[14:56:05] <Znevna> what shit?
[14:58:38] <@Samot> This was all about a fucking button that doesn't exist on that model.
[15:01:09] <@Samot> So I got woken up due to some outages and then I turn around and see all this shit pinging me from over night here.
[15:01:22] <@Samot> I have not had a good morning, so...
[17:00:20] <+Allie> Samot: lol, you've got a fan
[17:00:24] <+Allie> or a suckup
[17:26:31] <@Samot> That fucking dude.
[18:08:30] <phin> this channel needs a group hug session from time to time
[18:08:39] <phin> just a few dudes, bro huggin'
[18:40:17] * Samot changes topic to 'Welcome! Latest releases - Stable: 6.48.3, LTS: 6.47.9, Beta6: 6.49b46, Beta7: 7.1b6. If nobody answers right away, repeat the question over and over until someone does. Happy 40th McLovin!'
[22:36:02] <Zapy> [3/6 13:53] <@Samot> So all this was about a button that doesn't exist on your model of Mikrotik. -> could still buy one with the mode buttons, i remembered incorectly that the lite had it.
[22:36:49] <Zapy> [3/6 14:29] <@drmessano> Zapy: Don't ping me when I am asleep and accuse me of "allowing" behavior -> accusing? i was merley asking and waiting for a response when you get back, isnt that the most typical behaviour when using IRC?
[22:37:30] <Zapy> [3/6 15:01] <@Samot> So I got woken up due to some outages and then I turn around and see all this shit pinging me from over night here.
[22:37:30] <Zapy> [3/6 15:01] <@Samot> I have not had a good morning, so...
[22:38:24] <@drmessano> "what is this toxic behaviour that you allow Samot drmessano?"
[22:38:26] <Zapy> Sorry for that last paste, and im sorry you had a bad night/morning, still you are not obliged to answer right? you could answer whenever you want or if you want to.
[22:38:30] <@drmessano> That was pretty clear
[22:38:38] <Zapy> that it was a questions, yes?
[22:38:42] <@drmessano> I didn't have a bad night
[22:38:58] <@drmessano> But you inferred that it's being "allowed"
[22:39:08] <Zapy> no Samot had, it was hes messaged i pasted in last?
[22:39:10] <@drmessano> How is being "allowed" if I am not even fucking here to make that assessment?
[22:39:54] <@Samot> No. I had a bad morning and I was talking to someone else.
[22:39:53] <Zapy> Well, now you have been here, and Znevna is still here thus my early conclusion seems to be right.
[22:39:57] <@drmessano> I'm not Samot's keeper. I am ASKING YOU why *I* was pinged and lumped into that as ALLOWING something?
[22:40:23] <@Samot> I was also sleeping.
[22:40:29] <@Samot> I was not here for that little spat.
[22:40:34] * drmessano sets mode: +q $a:Zapy
[22:40:39] <@Samot> So I'm not sure how I could allow it or not allow it.
[22:40:51] <@drmessano> 16:39:55 <Zapy> Well, now you have been here, and Znevna is still here thus my early conclusion seems to be right.
[22:41:11] <@drmessano> Well, i've been working all day and not here to babysit the channel
[22:41:13] <Zapy> so no questions allowed when youre not here?
[22:41:14] ##mikrotik Cannot send to nick/channel
[22:41:58] <@drmessano> But you seem to want to behave like an assuming prick, so you're just as bad as anyone else you're accusing
[22:42:13] <@drmessano> So take that shit somewhere else
[23:07:53] * Joins: Swant (~swant@libera/staff/swant)
[23:23:55] <Zapy> bop
[23:23:56] ##mikrotik Cannot send to nick/channel
Session Close: Fri Jun 04 00:00:00 2021

Session Start: Fri Jun 04 00:00:00 2021
[10:31:28] <Zapy> bop
[10:31:31] ##mikrotik Cannot send to nick/channel
[10:33:37] * Quits: @drmessano (sid104353@user/drmessano) (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
[10:34:44] * Joins: drmessano (sid104353@user/drmessano)
[10:34:44] * ChanServ sets mode: +o drmessano
Session Close: Sat Jun 05 00:00:00 2021

Session Start: Sat Jun 05 00:00:00 2021
[03:44:32] <@drmessano> Znevna: Stop being toxic plz
[03:44:48] <@drmessano> "seems fine"
[03:44:59] <@drmessano> I wont tolerate that behavior
-- [Duno what this was about] --
Session Close: Sun Jun 06 00:00:00 2021

Session Start: Mon Jun 07 03:10:57 2021
[03:10:49] * Now talking in ##mikrotik
[03:10:49] * Topic is 'Welcome! Latest releases - Stable: 6.48.3, LTS: 6.47.10, Beta6: 6.49b46, Beta7: 7.1b6. If nobody answers right away, repeat the question over and over until someone does. Happy 40th McLovin!'
[03:10:49] * Set by Samot!sid133316@user/samot on Fri Jun 04 19:20:19 2021
[06:04:31] <Znevna> kek viewtopic.php?f=2&t=153791#p860618
[06:15:55] <@drmessano> Zapy: Seriously bad management, eh?
[06:17:05] * drmessano sets mode: +b $a:Zapy
[06:17:13] * You were kicked by drmessano (Zapy)
[06:17:13] * Attempting to rejoin channel ##mikrotik
[06:17:13] * Unable to join channel (address is banned)
[16:43:07] * Unable to join channel (address is banned)

Samot
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:43 pm

OK, I'm not sure what the end goal is here unless it is just being a Mikrotik Karen. So I'm going to leave this alone.

Zapy
just joined

Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:54 pm

OK, I'm not sure what the end goal is here unless it is just being a Mikrotik Karen. So I'm going to leave this alone.
My goal? well for now its answering the incorrect statements you posted.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:00 pm

Karen, you were asking for buttons, yet obviously, you wouldn't know what to do with them.
Because: even your ignore button doesn't work.
Also I'm still waiting for your reply on how are you gonna rebuild RouterOS to handle your buttons.

Zapy
just joined

Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:27 pm

Karen, you were asking for buttons, yet obviously, you wouldn't know what to do with them.
Because: even your ignore button doesn't work.
Also I'm still waiting for your reply on how are you gonna rebuild RouterOS to handle your buttons.
Ms. Karen #2
It was still, just, a, question, i don't know why you have gotten stuck in the thought about rebuilding RouterOS to handle them as that was never my intention.
My intention was to ask if it was possible, curios if someone else had done it, never did i say you guys were wrong anywhere, never, but i got shamed either way, such a great experience, i hope you guys felt good for letting of some steam on me instead of some poor work collogue you might have.

So yet again, a question, a question that was obviously not for the unofficial ##mikrotik channel to handle.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:26 am

Please find better place to air your dirty loundry.

ltwally
just joined

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:37 pm

I'm just going to dog-pile on here.

I am experienced with other business-grade routers (Cisco, Sonicwall, Sophos, Watchguard, etc). However, I am brand new to MikroTik. Having heard about the Freenode takeover, I registered an account on Libera.Chat and joined #mikrotik. I asked my very newbie question (also posted here), and a couple admins there immediately started making comments like I was someone else, and were generally abusive. When another user started being helpful, one of those admins became increasingly aggressive. I asked him to leave me alone, and was subsequently banned.

It reminds me of the worst of the Linux channels when I was a much younger person. Ask a newb question, and get treated like garbage because you're still learning something.

IRC can be a great tool. It's a shame so many tech channels have so many jerks in charge of them.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:54 am

Can you guys take all this aggressive stuff back to IRC where it came from? Thanks.