Community discussions

MikroTik App

RustyFatDog
just joined
Topic Author

Fairly new with mikrotik

Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:46 am

Hello,
Im fairly new using mikrotik as routers.
So ive been trying to get my doorbell to work through the mikrotik. Its as following
The screen i have in the house can have 2 IPs addresses and i have it connected on eth4 on my mikrotik, and the doorbell system is connected on eth5.
Eth2,3,4 all should be on the homenetwork
Eth4,5 should be able to communicate but eth5 should not be able to access the home network at all.
I dont know if im explaining this correctly.

If anyone can help ill appreciate it!

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Fairly new with mikrotik

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:35 pm

Hey. Create a bridge interface and add eth 2,3,4 in that bridge. To block IP access from hosts behind Eth 5 to hosts from eth 2,3,4 use firewall filter with source and destination IP addresses or subnets by action=drop.

RustyFatDog
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:57 pm

Can i do that that and just block from hosts in Eth5 to just Eth2,3 but leave it open for Eth4?
Hey. Create a bridge interface and add eth 2,3,4 in that bridge. To block IP access from hosts behind Eth 5 to hosts from eth 2,3,4 use firewall filter with source and destination IP addresses or subnets by action=drop.

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:24 pm

Can i do that that and just block from hosts in Eth5 to just Eth2,3 but leave it open for Eth4?
Of course. Just specify destination IP or subnets. Or you can create custom destination address list by yourself and use it in firewall filter rule.

P.S.: don't forget to pop new rule up above old ones in order to process your packets by this rule first of all others.