Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

dogmatix
just joined
Topic Author

Advice for routing traffic over VPN

Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:13 pm

I have configured L2PT/Ipsec using L2PT interface. Everything works as expected.
After that, I removed an interface from the bridge, added a new subent, DHCP server, NAT and mangle rules and tagged those packets properly. It will be used for Synology.

Because I have hap ac2 my idea is to use one of two wifi interface and have a separated subnet, then route traffic over vpn for TV and few other devices.

I have removed the wlan2 interface from a bridge and mostly repeated all steps I did for an ethernet interface.
The current interface is in AP Bridge mode and I'm not sure is this correct? Clients can connect and they
get proper IP, gateway, etc. but they can't go to the internet.

I'm not sure is that the best scenario to achieve what I want, if someone has a better idea that would be awesome.

I can't put this eth interface and wlan into bridge because I can't run DCHP server on a slave interface.

Thanks

Anumrak
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Advice for routing traffic over VPN

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:18 am

Hey. If they have a default route from l2tp server and can ping their vpn gateway and other router's interfaces, try to check their source addresses in firewall nat rules, maybe their addresses are abscent.

gotsprings
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Advice for routing traffic over VPN

Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:38 pm

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
Mark Twain