Community discussions

MikroTik App

aprovenzano
just joined
Topic Author

Download speed is less than expected RB1100AHx2

Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:01 pm

Hi! i´m new in this forum,I´m here since i bought a new service of internet of 300mb in Argentina and i realized that the download speed is affected by the routing marks that i have in the Mangle firewall.
If i drop the marks, i have 300mb but if i activate the marks, i have under 60mb / 70mb of download speed. I don´t know if this is normal, or my marks are inefficients maybe.. If someone had this problem and wanna help me, i´m very happy! Thanks!!

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Download speed is less than expected RB1100AHx2

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:44 pm

I guess you should provide more information on what those mangle rules are and what exactly they do...

aprovenzano
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:30 pm

I guess you should provide more information on what those mangle rules are and what exactly they do...
Yes sorry, I had to be more explicit.. Well, i´m going to attach a few pictures for that you have an idea, this is as follows..

I have several mangle rules in IP -> Firewall as is shown in the photo, all are equals, only have in content a key word to filter the package and mark it.. Then in a Queue tree, i have a limited this packages marked as "SocialNetwork" to 6mb...

My problem is that when i use a speedtest, the download speed is around 60mb, but i have 300 if a connect my computer directly with the router of my service internet provider. So, i realized that if a drop the mangle rules, i have more speed, around 10-15mb more per each mangle rule that i drop..

In another Hand, the CPU is under 70-80% always, i don't think that this is a problem of cpu, but i dont know if it's normal or i have something bad configured...

A lot of thanks and I'm here if you need some extra data!

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ingdaka
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:43 pm

Have you seen processor usage during normal applying roles?

aprovenzano
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:57 pm

Have you seen processor usage during normal applying roles?
Hi! recently i did a new test.. in normal role, without mangle rules, the cpu is between 8 and 15% of usage, then, with all mangle rules, is, as much, around 35%... I think that the cpu is not a problem.