Community discussions

MikroTik App

millenium7
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Any way to ignore FCS errors on a particular port?

Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:48 am

This is a known issue with MikroTik and other vendors (Cambium and Ubiquiti in particular) with some devices. In my case specifically Cambium PTP radio's connected to a MikroTik router
FCS errors are generated with very regular intervals,it's not an actual frame error and is not caused by bad cabling, bad termination etc. Exactly 1 FCS error will be generated every 30 or 60 seconds, consistently, forever. If it was actually bad transmissions it would not be that consistent. It also doesn't matter if there's a little or a lot of traffic going over the port

I suspect its something internal in the radio's that gets transmitted, maybe as its own ethernet up-state check, I don't know and I don't really care because nobody is accepting responsibility and nobody is trying to fix it
What I do need fixed is the logs filling up with FCS error messages and/or the counters. I want to use network monitoring software to look for actual, real cable faults in our network but I can't because I keep getting false alarms every 30/60 seconds from many of the Airfiber and PTP devices in our network. So is there a way to filter these out on a MikroTik device on a particular port? I still want to see FCS errors on other ports, just not the ones I know are false alarms

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Any way to ignore FCS errors on a particular port?

Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:22 pm

No way, you have to let your SNMP monitoring software ignore the FCS errors on particular monitored ports.
Instead of writing novels, post /export hide-sensitive. Use find&replace in your favourite text editor to systematically replace all occurrences of each public IP address potentially identifying you by a distinctive pattern such as my.public.ip.1.

abernier

Re: Any way to ignore FCS errors on a particular port?

Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:12 pm

I hace the same issue.

It is very annoying