Community discussions

MikroTik App

martinf11
just joined
Topic Author

Which Mikrotik rack router is quiet for home use?

Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:15 pm

I would like to buy me a present for Christmas :) I decided for cloud router, I've been working with Mikrotik for some years but not with rack versions.

I have a rack at home with all my devices and the noise level should be kept low, is there any Mikrotik rack router with that beautiful touch display that is not too loud? I am afraid of those active fans on the back, but I like fancy things and that display really caught my eye. Can you please give me hint in this regard? Thanks.

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Which Mikrotik rack router is quiet for home use?

Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:29 pm

This one is passive: https://mikrotik.com/product/CCR1009-7G-1C-1SplusPC and https://mikrotik.com/product/CCR1009-7G-1C-PC there are "ears" for mounting them in racks.

UpRunTech
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:58 am

I would like to buy me a present for Christmas :) I decided for cloud router, I've been working with Mikrotik for some years but not with rack versions.

I have a rack at home with all my devices and the noise level should be kept low, is there any Mikrotik rack router with that beautiful touch display that is not too loud? I am afraid of those active fans on the back, but I like fancy things and that display really caught my eye. Can you please give me hint in this regard? Thanks.
The RB4011 comes with rack ears and is dead fast and dead quiet.

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:34 am

How much bandwidth do you have?