Community discussions

MikroTik App

mspencer
Topic Author

RB532 only showing 1 ethernet interface and no wireless

Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:28 am

My routerboard 532 with 502 Daughterboard and 3 CM9's suddenly quit broadcasting today. I remoted into the router and it show 1 ethernet interface and 1 bridge interface with unknown interfaces in the bridge. The 3 cm9's and the other 2 ethernet interfaces no longer show up. If I go to System/resources and the PCI Tab it show the MiniPCI Cards but I cannot see them anywhere else. I have rebooted but that does not fix it. This router is 250' up a tower and I really don't want to climb that hing if I can keep from it. Any Idea's on how to get these radios to show up again?

Thanks in advance for all your help

Mark Spencer

tully
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:16 am

That sounds like the PCI bus has stopped working. This is not common. Could be water has corroded some PCI connector. It is possible that excessive heat can do that.

You should make sure the power-save feature is set in the system 'routerboard' options.

tgrand
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:30 pm

I saw this happen once.

I simply removed some virtual access points I had setup for testing, and I have not seen this happen since.

It started after installing .42

I did not need the VAPs so it was not a problem for me.

mspencer
Topic Author

Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:48 pm

Only thing I have in there is the bridge interface. Weird thing is it is not just the MiniPCI's that are not showing up. It is 2 of the 3 ethernets are not showing up either.

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:59 pm

save backup of configuration, and issue reset-configuration command and see if that brings back your interfaces

tgrand
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:41 pm

Janisk has a very good suggestion..

My symptoms were the same, in that the only interface which showed up was the one active ether1, nothing else showed up.

Even though the wlan interfaces were not listed the already active clients were still working, and even the BackHaul over the second WLAN interface (which also was not listed in the interface list) still worked, but clients not already active could not resolve DHCP, and could not log in.

So I would side with janisk in that you should essentially start from scratch and reset your config.

tully
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:00 pm

Also it could be that one of your antennas took static electricity and it only knocked out the PCI bus, while the rest of the CPU and board is working.

changeip
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:44 pm

Remove the wireless card, boot up, shut down, install wireless, boot up, and check. I've seen the configs/pci database get corrupted and the above procedure fixes it.

Sam