Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

Hammy
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Hotspot issues with Mac

Fri May 04, 2007 2:40 am

Has anyone had a problem with Mikrotik's Hotspot module and a Mac? It works just fine on several Windows laptops, but Mac laptops just won't show the splash screen.

I have determined that the Mac pulls DHCP and all parameters within it. It cannot browse to 10.1.3.1 (the IP of the hotspot interface) in Safari, nor FireFox or Opera. With XP (including a Mac running XP), IE, Firefox, and Opera it works just fine.

If you browse to the IP, it refers you to the hotspot's DNS, yet still won't work.

Hammy
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2007 12:35 am

*bump*

I have edited the original post to make it more coherent. I had just pasted mulitple messages from another discussion list.

mag

Re: Hotspot issues with Mac

Tue May 08, 2007 11:36 am

Tried it a year ago, can't remember any problems.
May be you could post things like arp-cache, netstat -rn, ping- and traceroute-logs.

Hammy
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2007 2:27 pm

I'll see about the arp-cache and netstat-rn. I'm guessing you're referring to running these on the Mac. The ping and traceroutes won't work because I wouldn't be able to login to the hotspot, and therefore the hotspot would be blocking ICMP.