Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

RianRBS
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless Router Restore settings for providers [Resolved]

Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:34 am

Hello everyone, in Brazil, does anyone know how to make the wireless router return as PPPOE settings when it is restored to the factory default by the customer? I don't know if this is a right area to post this subject.
Last edited by RianRBS on Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nolat23
just joined

Re: Wireless Router Restore  [SOLVED]

Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:30 pm

I don't think there is any easy way to do what you want to do.

As far as I can tell (I'm a bit new to mikrotik) there are two ways to bake in a default config:
1) provide a default config script at netinstall time. (which really isn't likely to be useful for an ISP to do on a per-customer basis)
2) use the TR069 client and an ACS to put a default configuration into the device.

#2 is the only way I've seen browsing the Mikrotik documentation that might be able to do that dynamically.

The down side to this is you would need to setup an ACS and install the TR069 client on all of your customer devices.

Now, I haven't tried any of this but it is something I myself want to be able to do and it's on my todo list to experiment with.
It seems to be possible according to the documentation, but it's of course not a simple thing to just decide to roll out overnight either.

https://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/ ... 109593.pdf
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Tr069-best-practices
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:TR069-client

RianRBS
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Wireless Router Restore

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:07 pm

I got guys, the simple thing I wanted was that when the client resets the router he back the old settings with the same name, password and pppoe that I had entered, to do this you have to look like something like: Firmware customizable "Router tag (intelbras, dlink, tp-link etc ...) for providers". The site will appear for you to do this, which is very useful if some other provider tries to use the router you provided to the customer, or even the customer has not paid the last installment or something. In order to be able to access the router settings they will have to contact the provider responsible for the last configuration or if the customer has not paid the last monthly fee they will have to pay to unlock the router (The unlocking part is up to you or not) .)

macsrwe
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Wireless Router Restore settings for providers [Resolved]

Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:26 am

You can bake in your own default configuration with netinstall. But you can't prevent a subscriber from learning how to use netinstall himself.