just joined
Topic Author

Slow DHCP

Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:08 pm

Hello to everyone,

Model: 2011UiAS-2HnD
Current Firmware: 6.46.2

I have two problems:

1) Identity of my Mikrotik is "1234" but when I connect to that network via LAN, I see that my laptop connected to network called "ABCD". I try changed everything I could, but probably I have missed something. Can you help me with this ?

2) All my devices (mobile via WiFi, notebook via LAN, AppleTV via LAN) is taking over 40s to connect to the network and internet. I have tried to check DHCP server but I can not find anything what can cause this.
Attribute "Authoritative" is "yes".
On all interfaces (interfaces and bridge for those interfaces, including interface for internet) is ARP set on proxy-arp. I have also clear ARP table in Mikrotik.
Lease time is 1:00h.
Can you please help me with this ?

I am really beginner in this so I would apprentice if you could give me some advice I can use in GUI :-).

Thank you very much, Standa.

inteq

Re: Slow DHCP

Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:16 pm

Ehlo,

1. Identity has nothing to do with the name of your cabled network. See https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:System/identity
2. Make sure you do not have another DHCP server in your LAN and leave ARP set to Enabled if you do not have any specific reason to set it otherwise.
3. If all else fails, just System/Reset Configuration (do not tick anything) and start from scratch. Default config will deliver fast and stable DHCP for your LAN.