MikroTik App

davorin
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Connection problems with iPhone when using fixed DHCP lease

Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:12 pm

Good evening (o;

Experience some heavy connection problems when using my iPhone 8 with iOS 13.3 and RouterOS 6.46.2 on a small hEX router....
As soon I remove the fixed DHCP lease the problem is gone....sometimes it helps just to renew the lease (turn WLAN off/on).

Is this the correct way to enter a fixed lease in the DHCP Server -> Network tab with local prefix being 10/16?

Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 22.11.37.png

As a side note...I use another machine as a local DNS proxy to get rid of advertisement.....but this is used also for other machines I use who have a fixed lease....so no problem there...

What else I see is that most Apple devices and a Philips Hue gateway suddenly count up on their mDNS names...dunno if this is in any way related....

As a test I can try to place in a Ubiquity gateway to see if problems still persist....

thanks in advance
richard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

martinclaro
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Connection problems with iPhone when using fixed DHCP lease

Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:13 am

Network tab is there to set DHCP some of the values sent by DHCP server inside DHCP offer/ack packets.

To set a static IP address, you need to go to DHCP Server > Leases tab.

Also, the network address has the wrong mask in your screenshot.

xbliss

Re: Connection problems with iPhone when using fixed DHCP lease

Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:50 pm

Good evening (o;

Experience some heavy connection problems when using my iPhone 8 with iOS 13.3 and RouterOS 6.46.2 on a small hEX router....
As soon I remove the fixed DHCP lease the problem is gone....sometimes it helps just to renew the lease (turn WLAN off/on).

Is this the correct way to enter a fixed lease in the DHCP Server -> Network tab with local prefix being 10/16?

Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 22.11.37.png

As a side note...I use another machine as a local DNS proxy to get rid of advertisement.....but this is used also for other machines I use who have a fixed lease....so no problem there...

What else I see is that most Apple devices and a Philips Hue gateway suddenly count up on their mDNS names...dunno if this is in any way related....

As a test I can try to place in a Ubiquity gateway to see if problems still persist....

thanks in advance
richard
Any luck solving this?