Community discussions

MikroTik App

rfritz80
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik Quick IP Settings Change when I enter a new IP address.

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:23 pm

Hello everyone,

Has anyone experienced this issue? I am running a Mikrotik 4011 as a switch, I do my configurations by WinBox, when I enter the Main Static IP address to be used in Quick Setting, than I go into IP>Address and I enter a new Static IP address for a different port to use (I have this other port off the bridge!) and enter that IP information, it will overwrite the quick settings and use the new IP information instead.
Example:
I set in Quick settings as a Bridge(switch mode)
Set IP: X.X.X.8
Mask: 255.0.0.0
G.W: X.X.X.1

Than that is correct and working: than I go into Bridge, disable a interface port I want to use:
Than Go into IP> Addresses:
Set my new IP address: 192.168.88.2/24
Network: 192.168.88.0
Interface: Port 6:

When I do this, it will overwrite the new IP address into Quick settings.

I have blown all of it out, deleted all the settings from quick settings. Manually entered my First IP for my WAN and than entered my secondary IP address, and my secondary will always overwrite my first one!
I don't know if this is a glitch or a bug! but its kind of annoying.
any help, tips, and tricks would be great.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Mikrotik Quick IP Settings Change when I enter a new IP address.

Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:30 am

Quick Set is more like "quick start", use it if you like it, but if you need to change something outside of it, then better forget that it exists. It may sound stupid at first, but there are so many different options outside of Quick Set that it's not possible for it to take them all in account and not break something when you use it after you changed something elsewhere.
People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply. Not intended as incentive for masochists.