Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

airtech
Topic Author

Ubiquity Card

Fri May 18, 2007 7:35 pm

Does Mikrotik work with the SR4 4.9 GHz series cards? We are setting up a network for a Police Station and would like to use these cards.

miahac
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 am

It "should" But I plugged one in this morning to find that it was showing all the 5.1-5.8 channels? Do I need to purchase custom frequencies even after I bought a card made for 4.9? In that case what is the diff between xr5 and sr4? (other than 200mw)
Network Consultant in Wichita, KS

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue May 22, 2007 7:29 am

I think that you have to obtain frequency chart description from the manufacturer of the card, they will specify which frequencies from 5GHz should be used for the particular band.

miahac
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Ubiquity Card

Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:11 pm

OK so Ubiquity says that I have to buy the frequency unlock keys from mikrotik. Mikrotik has no such product for sale on their site and their resellers closest to me have taken my money for 2 licenses each but not been able to deliver the keys. There is no procedure posted for unlocking the frequencies and Vendor 1 says, they have to e-mail Latvia and wait for a response. Vendor 2 says there is some problem because I did not buy the RB's from them.

WHAT A JOKE
Now I look like an IDIOT to my customer.

jwcn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:42 am

The joke is you can't even figure out this topic belongs in the wireless forum not the GN forum. And you wonder why you can't figure out how these work. Go figure :-p

Equis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:48 am

The joke is you can't even figure out this topic belongs in the wireless forum not the GN forum. And you wonder why you can't figure out how these work. Go figure :-p
That was helpfull (not)

jarosoup
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:31 pm

Just send an email to support stating what you need. Make sure you create an account on the main website as you need to buy your keys directly from MT to do this (with the extended frequency). At least this is how it used to work.

valens
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:29 pm

If you give information about software-id and license-key, your reseller should be able to give you new license-key.
Or, you need to contact the reseller where you bought your RoS.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:30 pm

the problem is that you ask all the wrong places, and then complain. why not ask mikrotik in the first place?

miahac
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:19 pm

Normis, I apologize for posting in the wrong category. I was responding to the previous/original post I found in the search engine.

The problem I have is the lack of license documentation for using these cards. I also thought that there would be a frequency conversion chart. After much searching and contacting Ubiquity, I found that a license upgrade would be necessary (which I thought odd because it is a 4.9ghz card). Not a problem but the reseller I have been using did not know the procedure. I contacted another reseller who did not read the purchase order and had some other problems, but seems to be able to get what I need.

None of this would have been a problem if I could upgrade my license keys with my login and skip the reseller, and all resellers were more educated about the process, and if the ones that are knowledgeable would read their purchase orders correctly.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:39 am

If you would contact mikrotik support in the first place, it would have been so much easier.

digicomtech
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:17 pm

Finally, will SR4 Ubiquity card work with Atheros Mikrotik's driver ? If not, is there any kind of 4.9Ghz radio that will work with Mikrotik drivers ?

samsoft08
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:22 am

the guy has a problem , instead of redirecting him and giving him a lessons how to use forums why not answering his question ?? yes or no , thats all we need ..

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:52 pm

of course it does. his question was where to find the custom frequency license. to get it one should contact support. easy