Have first, annoying, problem with my Mikrotik. My smart TV (LG SM8600) is frekquently loosing connectivity to public services (like Netflix or Youtube - from laptop they work OK). In some cases, when the the service loads, it starts to play some movie/series, but in most cases it get's cut after sevreal dozens of seconds (in rare cases it plays the whole episode, but that's like 1 in 10 of cases).
Now the streaming from NAS located in LAN works OK. Mikrotik has latest stable release (I also tried beta today, but with the same results), TV has also the latest software.
What I tried:
- set IP for TV staticaly and dynamically
- connect both through cable and WiFi
- when connected through cable disable speed/duplex negotiation and tried 100 and 10Mb full duplex (supported by TV)
- use both my local and Google DNS server (in some discussions I found that some TVs need that - and even when I used my local DNS, I saw in logs that it also sends some queries to 184.108.40.206
- in FW I tried opening both the default "allow all from LAN to Internet" rule and specific rule set for the TV IP
- disable spanning tree
Behaviour in all cases is more or less the same.
Now My connection is like this:
Internet <---> UPS cable modem (in modem mode only) <---> Mikrotik <---> TV
I also tried to replace the Mikrotik with one old Linksys WRT54GS router I had laying around and through it the TV works flowlessly. I also tried to connect it between the Mikrotik and the TV, only as a "switch" (no DHCP enabled, both connected to LAN ports) and the issue was there.
So there has to be something fishy with the Mikrotik
Any ideas? It would be much appreciated, thanks!